"11th Hour" by Lamb Of God
"Pretenders of the Throne" by Lock Up
"Next In Line" by Nevermore
"Masturbating The War God" by Nile
"Chainheart Machine" by Soilwork
"Happy Camper (Carpe B.U.M.)" by Strapping Young Lad
"Down For Life" by TestAmenT

Int said:
Don't give her later Death, it's surprisingly easy to play on guitar. Their Human stuff was more demanding, particularly on the right hand (I'm sure she'll have trouble keeping up with the right hand if she's used to playing Taproot).
No way. The Human stuff is more demanding on the right hand, but TSOP is more demanding on the left.... and its much easier to go fast with the right hand, mastering the stuff on TSOP is a lot harder...

Blade Golem said:
Although, seeing as when they do their own gig, they're planning to play a bunch of Chevelle and Taproot covers, because that's stuff they can learn to play......:lol:

Sounds like your friend has quite a different idea of technical than the rest of us (no idea that is!), and that she doesn't know what she's getting into.

I can't understand HOW IT COULD BE FORGOTTEN, but Spastic Ink. Any song, here you go. Or just give up right a head and get the Mad Data Race and Mosquito Brain Surgery

three of a perfect pair by king crimson...near impossible in my opinion..requires impeccable control of both hands and a ridiculous amount of left-hand finger speed, not to mention the time signature issues..

What about the following albums:

Sieges Even - Life Cycle (reminds me somewhat of Watchtower)
Sieges Even - Steps
Sieges Even - Sophisticated
Mekong Delta - Mekong Delta
Mekong Delta - The Music Of Erich Zann
Mekong Delta - Dances Of Death
Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian
Fates Warning - Perfect Symmetry
Psychotic Waltz - A Social Grace
Coroner - No More Color

or the following song:
"Jack Frost" by Saint Vitus (just kiddin´!)

And finally something technically demanding for vocalists:

Atrox - Contentum

ratanda said:
Sounds like your friend has quite a different idea of technical than the rest of us (no idea that is!), and that she doesn't know what she's getting into.

Eh, she basically just told me "Find me the hardest song you can find to play that you know of, and I'll learn to play it." She just thinks if she's determined enough, that she'll have the capability to learn a song, but ehh...I know her, she'll end up getting frustrated and giving up for a bit. And doesn't know what she's getting into...? Of course not. Her view on reality is a bit....distorted. :Smug: Now, after saying this, I will naturally have to show her this topic, so heh...hell shall break loose the next time she's online.:lol:

Oh, just for some back information for anybody curious, I sent her "Ghost Of the Sun" by Katatonia a while back, and one of her bandmates wants her to play that but she's having trouble learning it....heh.

Well, I think I'll need to narrow down the list a bit, since I'm only gonna give her three songs

so here's what's I'm looking for now, I guess, after the previous suggestions:

1. a Dream Theater song -- still open to suggestions on which one
2. A Death song -- off of TSOP album
and, 3. an open slot.

Utuk Xul said:
Blade, whatever song they decide on, make sure it's recorded, I could use a good laugh.

Eh, much as I'd love to, I doubt they have anything to record it with, unless you just want a tape-recorder style recording on it...heh. I'll see if they can record it if they can even learn it.

SunlapseVertigo said:
No way. The Human stuff is more demanding on the right hand, but TSOP is more demanding on the left.... and its much easier to go fast with the right hand, mastering the stuff on TSOP is a lot harder...

My left hand is more advanced than my right, as I've played the violin for some years and started the guitar more recently. Ergo my left hand has never been an issue. For me, songs such as Together as One or See Through Dreams has proved far more of a challenge than say Scavenger of Human Sorrow or Story to Tell.

I highly recommend Coroner, Blade Golem. I had forgotten about them. Something from Punishment for Decadence.