Power Metal Anthems!!

Doom

Jul 4, 2002
England
What are some essential power metal songs?? I don't mean the really happy stuff that some of the bands put out, but the songs where you just can't keep yourself from headbanging to them!

The only power metal band I really like are Gamma Ray, but that's because I haven't heard too many. I'm looking for songs like "Somewhere Out In Space" or "Last Before The Storm" by GR, I can't get enough of those songs.

Cheers

Though I haven't any real taste for power metal anymore here are some songs I enjoyed when I was into that stuff

Helloween - "Halloween"
Gamma Ray - "Rebellion In Dreamland"
Gamma Ray - "Heal Me"
Crimson Glory - "Transcedence"
Crimson Glory - "The Red Sharks"
Edguy - "Vain Glory Opera"
Iced Earth - "A Question Of Heaven"
Manilla Road - "Necropolis"
Nevermore - "The Heart Collector"

Disclaimer - I am completely ignorant and uneducated in power metal.

I kinda like;

Stratovarius - Phoenix
Gamma Ray - The Heart Of The Unicorn
Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Hammerfall - Hammerfall

They all sound kinda epic to me.....and they're....uh, power metal aren't they?? =/

Originally posted by Mocika
I like u mentioned Nevermore. Many of my friends were surprised when i said Nevermore`s music is something like power-thrash metal. Do you agree?

:headbang:

They do it best so far. I have heard that their new one will be even more heavy. I just hope Warrel doesn't try to do the cookie monster thing.

Gamma Ray - Heading For Tomorrow
Helloween - How Many Tears
Blind Guardian - Born In A Mourning Hall

Originally posted by SculptedCold
Disclaimer - I am completely ignorant and uneducated in power metal.

I kinda like;

Stratovarius - Phoenix
Gamma Ray - The Heart Of The Unicorn
Iron Maiden - Fear Of The Dark
Hammerfall - Hammerfall

They all sound kinda epic to me.....and they're....uh, power metal aren't they?? =/
No, Iron Maiden is not.

If you essentially like Gamma Ray (and that formula), then check out Freedom Call, Iron Savior, and Heavenly.

The first album from each is probably their best (particularly FC).

Originally posted by JayKeeley
If you essentially like Gamma Ray (and that formula), then check out Freedom Call, Iron Savior, and Heavenly.

The first album from each is probably their best (particularly FC).

JK, now what did I tell you about Freedom Call?! You can't make that decision UNTIL AFTER you've listened thoroughly to 'Crystal Empire.' At which point, you'll then agree with me and be correct. ;)

grave digger: excalibur, pendragon
blind guardian: into the storm
king diamond: EVERYTHING off abigail, hell... ALL of king diamonds shit
~gR~