Recommend me some power that fits MY TASTE

unknown said:
um...

saying Symphony X has no solos is like saying India doesn't have any people

:tickled: I like that one. Classic.

Oh and, by the way EternalEnemy, do you want ppl to recommend stuff or do you need bands to flame away, because it looks like you don't like power metal that much anyway. :Smug:

TheGraveDigger said:
Brainstorm
Edguy
Rawhead Rexx
Seven Witches
Agent Steel
Cage
Thunderstone
Rage

Those bands suck because they're not full of flowery faggotry and wanky solos up the ass, remember? :p

I don't even know why Somewhere Far Beyond is on the OP's list, it's so above the other trash listed.

Your tastes completely lack consistency–you like Dragonforce but like Blind Guardian's speed stuff and dislike their symphonic stuff, the only Helloween album you like is Walls of Jericho but you don't like Ramma Gay...

...I think Evil Ernie has a point. My only recommendation is that you listen to Manticora for 48 hours until something pops in your brain and you become a functioning member of society.

Pyrus, you quite dont know what youre talking about.
I never said i liked Walls of Jericho, i said i consider it to be the best from them. Some solos on it are good, like the one on Ride The Sky (cant remember much solos from it, its a long time since i listened to it), but if you made that solo twice as long, i would love the song..If i remember correctly, that is.
Ok, my liking of Blind Guardian:

Somewhere Far Beyond(Ownage)>Nightfall In Middle-Earth(Ownage)>Battalions Of Fear(Ownage)>Either Follow The Blind or Tales From The Twilight World, wich are not total ownage, but pretty good>Imaginations From The Other Side(Crap)>A Night At The Opera(Crap).

I would like to clarify that i had Battalion Of Fear in my list of total ownage, and i love that album. But if you recommend me something "alike" its propably something i hate, since its not gonna have such great melodies. If i knew that people can totally read my mind with some strange psychic forces my list would have had those albums as examples, too.
But unfortunately people do illogical assumptions, even while i guide them to understand what im asking for. "He says he likes band A>>>>>he must like band B." Ok, theyre both thrashy power, thats cool. Then i say "The band B is just like band A, but it lacks of the solos that i love so much, therefore it has nothing for me" and people get confused.

Or do you, Pyrus, claim that Gamma Ray would have such an amount of soloing as Somewhere Far Beyond does? If you do, then you can hear some voices on a tone where i cant hear them.
And if i tell you that i like Dragonforce because of the solos, would you recommend me Freedom Call then? Now why the hell would you do that? Would i recommend you a Running Wild clone that would be just alike-just without riffs? Ok, maybe thats a little extreme, but you should get the point.

Now what you people really need to understand while recommendating, is that Dragonforce-alike-solos are a factor. Of course the styles from those other bands are too, but anyway. Symphony X solos will not do, since they dont have the THING.
The reason why i dont like Symphony X is propably the same why Pyrus doesent like(i think he doesent like) gothenburg. Asking for what im asking for and getting Symphony X is the same as asking for Overkill and getting In Flames, at least if you understand correctly what i am asking for.

And one problem too seems to be this. I ask for shit-load of solos>people think my taste is gay>people think i like everything that is gay>people think i like Freedom Call just because its gay. Well, no one did recommend for Freedom Call, but....
So, to me power metal without solos is like a helpless fish in the middle of the Sahara without a bicycle(well, not quite, since power metal can be good without solos, but to me the whole idea is solos. Falconer may be kickass, but not what im thinking of when im thinking of power).

Gladly my taste is a little easier on thrash, death etc...

My only recommendation is that you kill yourself EternalAnema. You sound too fucking angsty!

I bet youre one of those who crap on their computer, and when it stops working, they call for backup from the guy living next to you. Then it works again, and you get annoyed by the thought that you couldnt fix it yourself, so you decide that youre still better than him and call him a nerd.

So thats why you call me angsty. You cant recommend me something that you assume i should like by some stereotypes, and then you start thinking that i dont have a taste.
Having no taste=not liking music at all. Not liking music at all but asking for recommendations on something you dont like=disturbed behavior, and so you assume that im angsty somehow.
Did i get that right?

you are trully an idiot. Fuck you. You just want to flame other bands. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST RIDICULOUS RECOMMENDATION THREAD EVER. If anyone else is going to reply here, please, do not recommend anything, cuz this guy will flame your recomendation. Simply tell this moron to go to hell.

you are trully an idiot. Fuck you. You just want to flame other bands. THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST RIDICULOUS RECOMMENDATION THREAD EVER. If anyone else is going to reply here, please, do not recommend anything, cuz this guy will flame your recomendation. Simply tell this moron to go to hell.

Why am i an idiot?
Is it because you think that a person cannot have a differing taste? Thinking that is what idiots do.
Or is it because i refuse the recommentations that have nothing to do with what im asking for, then i give more instructions on what i like, and you get all mad because i dont like your recommendations? Thats what monkeys do. Seriously, if you ask for a tomato and they give you banana, and then you say "no, i wanted a tomato" in monkey language, the monkey might hit you in the head with a bone.

You fail to enrich my life. Go away.

WTF? How am i trying to enrich your life?
Youre the one who came to me.

you're wasting our oxygen
I must admit i havent yet tried Yngwie...
But, why do you say that im wasting your oxygen? I mean that by that sentence you mean i take your space in the Ultimate Metal forum, but lets look at this matter more closely:
Is it because i have a differing taste that i dont belong here, or is it because you cant take feedback maturely, and that will cause problems? I think its propably both, but im not leaving the forum for that.
Lets say 99% think cant handle only slightly mocking feedback. Well, then i wouldnt respect the people enough to feel enough empathy to leave the forum.

Now if i remember correctly, i did clarify that im not flaming for flaming and i dont mean to be rude, didnt i? So, if i order for a hamburger and get a hot-dog, i think mentioning it shouldnt make the employee too pissed.
The difference with that situation is that im not paying you guys, but seriously, do get upset that easily? No wonder the world is full of wars, since its human beings that run the politics.<<<<<<<<<<<<<(remember to get as annoyed from this sentence as possible, and more important, learn nothing about it).

Let me now clarify the important thing about this message: im-not-being-hostile(to the most of you).

And what comes to me "flaming all the possible bands", i never said that every single one of the recommentations are bad. I havent heard most of them all. Besides at least Norther was one good suggestion, even though i know them allready. Of course Norther aint as good as any of the ones i said in my original post (in my opinion, not yours), but anyway.

TaylorC said:
When was the last time there was an enriching or benefitial thread on UM that didn't wind up in a flame war?

yea, lol, this forum is pretty beat nowadays.

EternalEnemy said:
Why am i an idiot?
1. Thinking that is what idiots do.

2. Thats what monkeys do. Seriously, if you ask for a tomato and they give you banana, and then you say "no, i wanted a tomato" in monkey language, the monkey might hit you in the head with a bone.

3. No wonder the world is full of wars, since its human beings that run the politics.<<<<<<<<<<<<<(remember to get as annoyed from this sentence as possible, and more important, learn nothing about it).
:tickled:

This is terrible. Go listen to Yngwie. Or better yet, leave us alone. Don't beg people to do your homework for you and then complain when it's all wrong. If you want something done to your specifications, do it yourself. Go sample a ton of bands until you find what you want.

This thread should be closed.

All power metal bands have great solos and great composition like:

Angra
Stratovarius
Norther
Control Denied
Black Sabbath (Tony Martin era)
Avantasia
Edguy
Helloween

P.S. Imaginations from the other side is a fucking amazing album I don't have problem with people doesn't know the taste of their mouth!