Power Metal is not gay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsodic_Sickness

The Truth is Really Lies
Mar 14, 2007
Richmond, VA
Power metal is considered gay by a lot of metal heads. This pisses me off. I mean, I like Megadeth, slayer, venom, etc., as well as some death-metalish stuff like arch enemy and in flames, but i love power metal, too. Most metalheads i talk to these days say shit like "Dragonforce is gay." "Nightwish is gay." Dio is gay." "Blind guardian is gay." "Edguy is gay." I mean, it just seems like if they can actually understand what the vocalist is saying then they think it's "gay", and that's pretty fucked up.

this thread is very ghey (almost as ghey as power metal) :mad:

I kid I kid, I like power metal alot although I don't listen to alot of bands in the genre (hibria, morgana lefay, symphony x, pagan's mind)

Well the vocals in power metal is what turns me off, I mean fuck its not the 1980s anymore.

Edguy
Therion
Sonata Arctica

etc.

All fucking kickass bands, but you know what ruins it? VOCALS!!!! I wish there was a way to just edit out all the vocals and just have the instruments. Clean vocals are cool, but please not clean high toned vocals like that, its just god awful.

But, to each their own.

power metal vocals are great, although I prefer when it's slightly more aggressive (like judas priest, later symphony x, morgana lefay, nevermore, etc...) but the pure power metal vocals are great too

Well the vocals in power metal is what turns me off, I mean fuck its not the 1980s anymore.

Edguy
Therion
Sonata Arctica

etc.

All fucking kickass bands, but you know what ruins it? VOCALS!!!! I wish there was a way to just edit out all the vocals and just have the instruments. Clean vocals are cool, but please not clean high toned vocals like that, its just god awful.

But, to each their own.

Just because they're high?

i love power metal. blind guardian being my favorite. but im also a big fan of gravedigger, kiuas, edguy, primal fear, sacred steel...

and im certain that blind guardian can do no wrong. anything they record is excellent
~gR~

Clean vocals that work

Bjorn Strid (Soilwork/Disarmonia Mundi/Terror2000)
Mikael Akerfeldt (Forgot the name off the top of my head, the Scar Symmetry lead singer, I know his first name is Mikael :) )
Norbert Leitner (Lords of Decadence)

etc.

Thats the type of clean vocals I was talking about that I find acceptable and actually very good :)

oh, and im also a huge fan of "extreme" metal too. im just a well rounded metal head with a tendancy to go from grind to power metal in a day.

i kinda have musical ADD
~gR~

Status
Not open for further replies.