Recommend me some power that fits MY TASTE

EternalEnemy

New Metal Member
Aug 2, 2004
Recommend me some power that has long, good and fast solos and melodies.
To be more specific:
-Dragonforce
-Kalmah
-Blind Guardian(Somewhere Far Beyond. Oh and i DONT like Imaginations From The Other side. When i say Somewhere Far Beyond, i mean it.)
-COB
-Blood Stain Child

Those are some good examples of great power metal. Well great to me. To clarify more:

I DONT like Gamma Ray, Iron Savior etc..Just because i have Blind Guardian in my list, it doesent mean i like every more thrash-oriented PM band out there. It has to have good solos, and remember LOTS OF THEM. Actually i would almost say "the more the better", but not quite

Did you people read my message at all, or did you just read "recommend me some power" ?

Why would you recommend me Black Majesty, Symphony X, Demons & Wizards or Iced Earth? None of those has a tiny clue of what im looking for.

Im not being rude, but i asked for LOTS of soloing. Not only that, but it must be good. Good in the way that i like it, and i like it in the way of the bands i mentioned in my original post.

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II has some cool solos, especially the song Halloween. You have probably heard that CD though. Perhaps check out Thy Majestie, as they also have some good solos and guitar wankery.

EternalMetal said:
yes, but do they do a lot of soloing? no..

Uhh, that's what their entire song structures are based on. Mediocre as fuck riffs, ball-less singers (whether falsetto or screaming), and endless wanky keys and solos. Fucken kill it.

saying Symphony X has no solos is like saying India doesn't have any people

I said GOOD solos. Symphony X is mostly boring as fuck. If you want to know what i experience as a good melody or a solo...well where would you possibly find that out? In my original post, again.

Good like Dragonforce and Kalmah?

Yes. Let me give an advise: dont try changing my taste, it wont change. I like those, and i want recommendations that are alike. Dont tell me to go listen to "better" power, and by that, dont recommend me "sucky" either, recommend me something that fits the description.

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II has some cool solos, especially the song Halloween. You have probably heard that CD though. Perhaps check out Thy Majestie, as they also have some good solos and guitar wankery.

Well, Helloween..It hasnt got enough solos, the solos arent even that good, and every singer of theirs sucks. Helloween is boredom for me.
Thy Majestie, on the other hand, sucks even more. Its weak, it has no energy, and the riffs cant back up the symphonies. Even if they had better riffs they wouldnt be good.

Someone here either has incredibly discriminating tastes... or is a complete idiot.

Why would you assume that im an idiot?

yes, but do they do a lot of soloing? no..
WTF? Soloing AND melody. Well, maybe Blood Stain Child doesent have many solos, but great fucking melodies they do have.

throw away your dragonforce and get heavenly!!!

Well Heavenly isnt going to pop on my list as number one, since posts like that usually mean "abandon this style, start with this style", and the morons keep on recommending either "flower" power or the "killer thrashy speed-power", and they just dont get it that the happines or thrashines isnt the factor for me, its the great melodies.
Sure, if it is too weak, then i might hate it. As an example Thy Majestie is really weak.
On the other hand, i like Rhapsodys three first albums, but the two last ones are BOOORING, especially the newest. And from this you would draw the conclusion that i would like Thy Majestie, but i dont.
No, there is a HUGE difference for me between old and new Rhapsody.
Im pretty sure you still should ignore the fact that i like any Rhapsody, since it will propably be very misleading and you will recommend me something that i dont like.
Now if you think about Dark Moor, id say The Hall Of The Olden Dreams is exellent, the album after that (what ever the name was) is decent too but too happy. The other releases are full crap.

Oops. That's what I meant. I meant part I. My favorite songs on that CD is actually Twilight of the Gods.

Yes, but Walls Of Jericho is much closer to what i want than any other Helloween release.
So, WoJ is only one lightyear away from what i want, while the other Helloween albums are at least 10 lightyears away.