Apologies to Bear (Kamelot related)

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
Bear and DarkTide had this one right. The new Kamelot has really grown on me. After giving "Epica" so many chance to win me over (and it never doing so), when the "The Black Halo" didn't do so after 3 or 4 listens, I just didn't think it would. But "March of Mephisto", "When the Lights are Down" and "This Pain" had gotten their hooks into my brain, and kept forcing me to spin this CD, until the whole disc had taken hold. So, just to complete my 180 degree about face, this disc has a real strong chance at landing in my Top 10 of 2005.

Zod

Wait whats that, hold on. Yeah Satan just called , Hell froze over!!!:loco:

No apologies needed dude, its just a great cd!! Actually I think its Kamelot's best work to date. I have a problem stopping the cd when I am lsitening to it, its like you have to play it all the way through. I got the japanese bonus tracks,which were a radio version of Soul Society, done a little different and Epilouge, a short but compelling ballad. I need to get the euro bonus tracks now and see what up!!! Why don't bands just release ONE VERSION damnit!!!

:hotjump:

Bear

General Zod said:
Bear and DarkTide had this one right. The new Kamelot has really grown on me. After giving "Epica" so many chance to win me over (and it never doing so), when the "The Black Halo" didn't do so after 3 or 4 listens, I just didn't think it would. But "March of Mephisto", "When the Lights are Down" and "This Pain" had gotten their hooks into my brain, and kept forcing me to spin this CD, until the whole disc had taken hold. So, just to complete my 180 degree about face, this disc has a real strong chance at landing in my Top 10 of 2005.

Zod

I'm glad you came around to liking this one. It's quite solid. It's not going to be my favorite Kamelot disc, but it's good, and it is a good notch above Epica. There's a lot to like about TBH. I like the mainly mid tempo pace, and I like that a lot of the tunes are riff based. A couple tunes in there remind me more of Conception than Kamelot. I still rank T4L as my #1 and Karma a close #2, but TBH still could grow more in time.

Did Manticora's 8 Deadly Sins ever get it's hooks into you? Fo me that's a fantastic disc. It's a very powerful disc, and the concept and lyrics are very good. I ranked it like #16 or so in my top 25 list last year, but if I re-ranked now it would be a top 5 to 7 pick for me.

Britt

DarkTide said:
Did Manticora's 8 Deadly Sins ever get it's hooks into you? Fo me that's a fantastic disc. It's a very powerful disc, and the concept and lyrics are very good. I ranked it like #16 or so in my top 25 list last year, but if I re-ranked now it would be a top 5 to 7 pick for me.

Britt

It would probably be in the top 5 for me.

Jason

Bear said:
No apologies needed dude, its just a great cd!! Actually I think its Kamelot's best work to date. I have a problem stopping the cd when I am lsitening to it, its like you have to play it all the way through.
Currently, I'd rank them as follows:

The Fourth Legacy
Epica

The Black Halo could surpass Karma, but I won't know that for a while.

Zod

DarkTide said:
Moreso than when last we spoke. "If?", "King of the Absurd" and "It Feels Like the End" are all killer. But much of the rest of the disc has yet to hook me. I really should have taken to this CD more than I have so far, as their sound is right up my alley.

I'll definitely be spinning it a bunch more times before PP6.

Zod

General Zod said:
Currently, I'd rank them as follows:

The Fourth Legacy
Epica

The Black Halo could surpass Karma, but I won't know that for a while.

Zod

Thats cool. For me it would be

1. The Black Halo
  2. Karma (very close)
  3. Epica
  4. The 4th Legacy
  5. Seige Perilous
I do not have any of the non Kahn stuff so I cannot say anything about those albums, but I think I want to add them to my collection just the same.

Bear

A fitting cap to the Epica saga ... I love how they do interesting stuff under the solos, rather than just repeating the main riff ...