My deepest and sincerest apologies...

enki3600

MetalHead & Engineer
Sep 20, 2004
Hello to all you metalheads!

This was my first attendance at a ProgPower fest. As well as my first time in Atlanta, my first time in a city significantly larger than 100K (barring minneapolis, because I only drive through there), my first time OUT of the midwest even... :OMG: and my first time surrounded by REAL metalheads.

I met so many cool people that I thought would never have existed. :headbang:
Like the guy wearing the Brain Damage films shirt, you know your B-flicks man! :worship: (sorry I forgot your name!) And Lance, thanks for inviting me to the party!
This was the most laidback and courteous crowd I've ever had the privilege of intermingling with. So thanks to everyone that made this happen, from Glenn, the bands, the vendors, and the fans!

And it is because of this that I must apologize. I have abused the decency of everyone.
Keep in mind that my explanation IS NOT a justification:
I had had a long weekend prior to the show. With that damned Ivan cancelling my first flight and rerouting my second flight, I had to shell out some extra money that I wasn't prepared for, so I thought I could make this up by depriving myself of a few meals. (ie: 2 meals in about a 60-72 hour period). So as hungry as I was, and not knowing there was food available in the Vinyl shop till way after the fact, I decided to use beer as a filler. (I think you all know where this is going)

Anyway, I have to apologize very very very remorsefully for being such an obnoxious loud-mouthed jerk at the post-show party at Fairfield on saturday. I know I was hanging heavily on Andy, the guitarist from Into Eternity, and the new Adagio singer, so I hope they can forgive me. It isn't often I get to actually mingle with my heroes, and alcohol was completely overriding my common sense.

As well as I have to apologize to all the other party-goers. My friend informed me that I was making a total ass of myself by going up to people at random saying "you like metal? you suck!!" followed by "just kidding, you RULE!" and giving them a big hug. I can only imagine what else happened.

I had to catch a flight 6am sunday, so my friend took me to the Marta station at about 4... I don't recall this. I don't recall riding the train, I don't recall checking in/security at the airport, I VAGUELY remember stumbling around the airport, I don't remember boarding the plane... I didn't "come to" until I landed and boarded my connecting flight in chicago.

I assure everyone that this is NOT my typical behavior. And I thank everyone for being so lenient on me, and GREATLY thank Adam for having to put up with and take care of me that weekend. I promise next year I will not abuse the courtesy of my fellow metalheads.

If I have wronged you, or know someone I have, please accept my apology or tell them I am deeply sorry.
I guess I have earned the right for people to just flame on me, so I guess I will just wait and see how badly I acted. :erk:

Ok....NOW I know who you are. For a minute there, I thought you were from another country and did not understand our (American) social etiquitte. You did make my opportunity to talk to Andy from Brainstorm a bit...well...challenging.:Smug:

I understand though. The experience can be quite awesome and can over whelm those who are there for the first time. It took courage and humility to post your apology here and for that...your \m/ status has been reinstated with me....at least for now.:p Perhaps exercising some more discipline in your drinking would be in order now that you recognize some of the results.:)

I don't remember seeing or hearing you do any of this stuff, but thanks for the apologies anyway. Don't sweat it, tho--as some others have already indicated, it's a party atmosphere and most of us do stuff that may seem a little wild and crazy. I don't usually let someone give me a big sloppy kiss in front of 200 people for instance. :)

Shaye

Again, my apologies to everyone, and thanks for greeting me with understanding. See I knew all of you were cool enough people to not outcast me especially if I owned up to my own mistakes and stupidity. (I only wish someone would have kinda slapped me up and told me to simmer down a bit)

I suppose perhaps the worst thing is that I don't remember much of the "mingling" I did ... passed the point after someone was dumping beer in my mouth from the balcony above anyway. (I think that's a threshold point where one should know they've had too much)

and to ThXinc: Would you fill me in on exactly what I was doing? Did I interrupt you, or just keep you from coming in? What kind of "etiquette" was I defiling? (my social skills suck anyway, I was a recluse in an already small town growing up)
To make it up to you, next year I'll give you a coupon to give me one free kick in the junk for my bastardly deed. :D

------
edit:

It'd be cool if any or all of you would like to message me on some chat client and become friends, that'd be sweet. I'm always lookin for metalheaded friends, and with the crowd I saw, there really couldn't be a higher calibur of people in the states.

enki3600 said:
and to ThXinc: Would you fill me in on exactly what I was doing? Did I interrupt you, or just keep you from coming in? To make it up to you, next year I'll give you a coupon to give me one free kick in the junk for my bastardly deed. :D
YOu mean other than pulling your pants down in front him asking him to sign the ass that just got kicked?! ?? LOL. J/K

"Did I interrupt you, or just keep you from coming in?" Something like that.

I had to wait for my chance to talk to him a little longer than usual. Andy was probably more patient than I was. I got my pic taken, my questions answered and appreciation in to him eventually. Don't worry about it dude! Just buy me the beer you shouldn't have drank next year! LOL! It's cool.

Wow, definately cool of you to come on the board to make ammends, friend! I didn't see you at the party, though I was there most of the whole night. I think we were at opposite ends of the patio. My boyfriend acted the same damn way all night long and it resulted in a screaming match in our room which totally killed the happy feelings of the weekend. The next morning he felt the same way you did. We actually went through a very similar situation, very hungry, filling space with free beer, drunk on exhaustion, etc...

You know, a fellow metalhead need not go hungry when in the midst of his brethren. We didn't have much, but I would have gladly made you a PB&J sandwich. Remember, we're all in it together ;) So many people helped us out and everyone at the festival is so nice and giving. It's the perfect group of people to spend time with.

Tammy Z

Damn, I missed some good stuff. I am staying at the Fairfield next year.

My apologies to those that didn't get one of our CDs (we should have brought a lot more). We ran out really quick and were taken aback because we didn't have to force them on anyone! But, if you got the ProgPower sampler CD you can hear us on track 3, disc 2.

I stayed at the Super 8 and there were no drunken parties where I was.

Hey Enki! I saw the pouring beer from the balcony thing, honestly I thought that was pretty metal, reminded me of something Manowar would do. I remember you now too, tlaking to Andy and stuff but dude, no ones pissed at least from what I can gather. It was a PARTY and shit, stuff happens. At least you didnt get drunk and fall into 500 dollar hedges so much that you broke them all like I did at a friends party, hahha. So yea dude, dont worry bout it man just come back next year and metal it up some more.

Ben

i'm prolly gonna stay somewhere else next year. i was at the Super 8 and wasn't impressed with anything there. lots of metalheads, but no parties that i heard of. actually i didn't really meet anyone all weekend, just kinda stayed with the group i was with. would have loved to have met some of you guys. To Thor Intrepid: what room # were you in? i was in 123 and the others of my group were in 122.

Thanks for all your understanding people :)
I just felt it necessary to make sure the people I offended have a chance to be redeemed at least by using some form of harsh language. ;)

At the time everything seems like a good idea... I guess I just become a social whore once a certain intoxication point is reached. I start to think I'm way cooler than I am. I probably would have started eating dirt if someone told me they wanted to see it :cool: And I'm the opposite of a violent drunk, I feel it necessary to make sure I tell all the cool people how cool they are... and I had my work cut out for me! :D

I hope to see as many of you as possible next year!!!!!!!!!!!

Wishmaster said:
Damn! How'd I miss out on seeing that?? :D

--Mike
That's because you and your girlfriend wimped out so damned early... I mean, what was it? 3:30, 4? ;) Maybe you guys will be up for some Strongbow sometime this weekend to help me celebrate my condo.

Three guesses who it was... :D

Shaye

enki3600 said:
Again, my apologies to everyone, and thanks for greeting me with understanding. See I knew all of you were cool enough people to not outcast me especially if I owned up to my own mistakes and stupidity. (I only wish someone would have kinda slapped me up and told me to simmer down a bit)

I wouldn't sweat it dude. I was reasonably conservative on Thursday and Saturday, but I pounded them down on Friday night and was about in your shape, only louder. I talked to you quite a bit on Saturday and you didn't bother me at all. It's not like you were the only one that put down a few. Some of the various band members were pretty toasted as well. It's simply how things go when you get 1200 excited metal-heads together.

At least you were able to remain vertical. I had a hard time doing that at PPII even before the Friday show was over. :D

Bryant

I suppose perhaps the worst thing is that I don't remember much of the "mingling" I did ... passed the point after someone was dumping beer in my mouth from the balcony above anyway. (I think that's a threshold point where one should know they've had too much)
NOW I know who you are!:)
Don't you just hate waking up and going, ummmmm how bad was I? and having your friends give you the blow by blow color commentary. :oops:

Dude, you didn't bother me. I had worse luck with a certain musician who jumped in my lap. NO, I'm not telling. o_O

I think it IS cool that you came clean like you did. It was a kick ass party and I didn't notice anyone or anything that spoiled it. Except my legs which gave up around 5:30 and my voice that gave up about 4 hours before.

Thor Intrepid said:
Damn, I missed some good stuff. I am staying at the Fairfield next year.

My apologies to those that didn't get one of our CDs (we should have brought a lot more). We ran out really quick and were taken aback because we didn't have to force them on anyone! But, if you got the ProgPower sampler CD you can hear us on track 3, disc 2.

I stayed at the Super 8 and there were no drunken parties where I was.

Thanks for the cd, I remember you handing me a copy while we were sitting around waiting for tad morose to hit the stage.