Apps you like

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
Hey guys just wondering if there are any useful apps you like and use for your phones. I'm still new to apps and I'd like to find some good ones.:D

The Peterson Strobe Tuner app. Fucking amazing. I use it more than the actual peterson unit I have. It seems to be just as accurate. For like $12.

other frequently used apps- Rhapsody, Yelp, Uber, Square, Instagram. Fly Delta a lot, that app is great if you do. Groupon. Had tons of fun with Tinder before I started dating someone. Podcast app!

Maybe I'll think of more later. I have a ton of apps but don't use like 1/3 to 1/2 of them.

Tuner, metronome, 4-track recorder, photo editing apps, a few games and things like that. :D

Are you asking about Apple-only or Google play (or stuff that works in both)

For Android (on a cellphone) I use Audio Evolution Mobile (GREAT multitracking app, costs something like 8 bucks), Office Mobile for word documents (nice because your documents get uploaded to the cloud automatically); GuitarTuna (free tuner), 7Metronome (the only one I could find with rhythmic subdivisions, although none sound decently loud without headphones), WhatsApp (useful for work, but it can get very annoying for some people), free AVG antivirus, Moovit, Waze, Smart Voice Recorder (you can rename the files with dates, etc); and usual stuff (FB, YT, Firefox, taxi calling apps, etc).

Other things (video player, flashlight, alarm, daily planner) I just use what came with the phone.

Duelingo is good if you are interested in trying to learn another language.

I'd rather use Duelingo's website.

Emulators:

GBC A.D.
Snes9x EX+
Mega64

EQ because my Denon headphones sound like shit: Floating Equalizer.

My stuff:

Dropbox
Frequensee (Spectrumanalyzer)
IMDB
Noisemachine (Pink noise/White noise generator)
Soundhound or shazam (Greatest app invention ever, imo)
Spotify

Get everyone in your band to get a strobe app and turn them all on at practice with the lights off. Instant gig vibe. :lol:

what's a good app for sequencing midi or composing music? something not complicated and quick

I do a lot of live sound so I have a few apps that are useful in that field.

Octave as an RTA
UE SPL as an SPL meter
SGenerator Lite for generating pink noise or other tones
Genelec SpeakerAngle for adjusting the angle of nearfield monitors

Dropbox, Box, Google Drive or similar for keeping manuals for gear and for keeping white papers to show folks that doubt you are correct and or to make sure you are correct.

There is a killer one channel SMAART app that works great on an ipad etc.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/smaarttools-single-channel/id586918472?mt=8

it plus the cost of a measurement mic and iPad compatible interface adds up, but it's cheaper than the $800 or so you will spend on just the full SMAART software. The advantage of the full version is that that you can run multiple channels. So you can have like 8 mics around the venue in different audience coverage areas and when you make a change to the system you see it across all areas - which is what you really want.

Thanks guys. I was using some generic note app but Evernote is way better, I moved all my writings and lyrics over to that last night. :)

Games :
The Room 1 and 2
All final fantasies / Secret of Mana / Worms
Tengami
Eufloria HD
Star Command
NEW Orbit
F Sim space shuttle
Out There
Passage

All Readdle plugins (PDF expert / Documents (Document can only read), Scanner Pro etc)

Apple Pages/Number/Keynote (they are free the first months after phone purchase I think)

Navigation if you want a real offline satnav

iRuler
Word Lense
Trip Advisor
Booking.com etc
AroundMe
Tripit (although you can use the website with email watcher, i personnally simply get my trips automatically added to my iCloud calendar without doing anything)
Google Maps
Unity to convert any unit into another

AMP Bias and co
Polytune
Music Theory Tutorials
Guitar Pro
cubasis

Star Walk

best for photo for me is "Photo Editor by Aviary / Aviary" it's basically the Adobe editor, they offered all their filters and goodies for free recently, if it's still the case you'll be covered for ever for your on-the-go photo editing. Makes your girlfriend very happy when you can take a picture of her cat and make it look beautiful :p
Luminance is my #2

Paper

Flickr
Facebook Twitter Instagram and co
Tapatalk for here
Shazam
Whatsapp / Line / Kik
Spotify

Duolingo to learn languages

EasyFTP for iphone

Runkeeper / Runtastic

1Password is a must if you use it on your computer as well

CineXPlayer is my multimedia reader of choice, I keep a couple other when it can't open the odd file

+ have a look at your phone provider apps (I get my invoices in them), local taxi companies or global taxi app, the bus companies app can have an iphone payment app, etc etc

Thanks guys. I was using some generic note app but Evernote is way better, I moved all my writings and lyrics over to that last night. :)

I'm super annoyed by the complexity of Evernote, and the 50mo limit. How is it to use it on a daily basis ?

I am still using the apple Note app because it synchronizes so well with the Note app on the computer and it's lightning fast but it lacks a better folder system.

I'm super annoyed by the complexity of Evernote, and the 50mo limit. How is it to use it on a daily basis ?

I am still using the apple Note app because it synchronizes so well with the Note app on the computer and it's lightning fast but it lacks a better folder system.

Seems good to me. I'm not doing presentation or making huge files so it really does what I need perfectly. I was using My Notes and boy did that one suck.

I found a nice tip calculator today since I suck at math heh

Evernote gets better as you use it more - when you can start indexing, and searching a huge backlog of research, notes, web clippings, email-to-notes, etc...

I've got a decibel meter app that comes in handy, Iheartradio, Facebook, Shazam, stuff like that.

I use iPhones flashlight a lot. Just discovered that the compass can turn into a level which is actually very handy.

Other than that, Bike Race. If you don't have this game, get it! :lol: I want to fight my best friends.

Evernote gets better as you use it more - when you can start indexing, and searching a huge backlog of research, notes, web clippings, email-to-notes, etc...

Yeah, agreed. I had to use it for work, but then I transferred all my numerous MS Word documents with production-related notes into an Evernote notebook too. Created separate notes for drums/bass/guitar/DAW/overall mix/techniques/etc. Just a question of finding cool shit on the interwebz and organizing it in the correct place, then you wind up with a pretty easily navigated personalized encyclopedia whenever you need it.

On-topic, that Trivia Crack game is awesome. I school 15-year-old girls with my knowledge of global affairs and cinema.