Must have iPhone apps?

iOutBank (banking app, dunno if it's available in Finland, though)
MyWallet (might have another name in Finland, it's called "Meine Ausgaben" here. It helps to view your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly earnings and expenses)
2Do
WhatsApp (!)
AroundMe
PolyTune (the TC Electronic PolyTune stompbox as an app)
Dropbox
Amazon, Ebay, Paypal
Gearslutz
SPL Meter
Photosynth (awesome panorama photo app)
Navigon
Wikipedia

And lots of country specific apps (newspapers, newscast apps etc).
I also use "AppBox Pro" a lot, its basically several apps in one (currency and unit converter, discount and duty calculator, battery status, etc)

iOutBank (banking app, dunno if it's available in Finland, though)
MyWallet (might have another name in Finland, it's called "Meine Ausgaben" here. It helps to view your daily/weekly/monthly/yearly earnings and expenses)
2Do
WhatsApp (!)
AroundMe
PolyTune (the TC Electronic PolyTune stompbox as an app)
Dropbox
Amazon, Ebay, Paypal
Gearslutz
SPL Meter
Photosynth (awesome panorama photo app)
Navigon
Wikipedia

And lots of country specific apps (newspapers, newscast apps etc).
I also use "AppBox Pro" a lot, its basically several apps in one (currency and unit converter, discount and duty calculator, battery status, etc)

I also use most of these, and the english name for the money one is called "My Money Book", probably my favourite app, it saves my butt every day of my life

+1 for whatsapp
dropbox for iphone is very useful
tweetdeck
waze (free gps)

awesome synths that are (imo) worth the cost
morphwiz
bebot
(if you dont' feel like packing the iphone with loads of software i guess one is alright as well)

I don't really a control surface like ProRemote, but I like the idea of being able to hit "record" from the booth...but should I buy it just for that?
I mean...even the light version is rather exoensive...worth it?

+1 for Viber and Dropbox.
Sometimes I find very usefull Polytune for iPhone (you can tune an acoustic guitar with the built in mic)
"XE Currency" if you travel and you need to calculate various money changes
"I am T Pain" for a cool autotune app :D

I don't really a control surface like ProRemote, but I like the idea of being able to hit "record" from the booth...but should I buy it just for that?
I mean...even the light version is rather exoensive...worth it?

Definitely not worth it for just that. Unless there's already a decent alternative, I'm sure someone will come up with one sooner or later.

EDIT: Apparently, the same developer has a transport-only version for cheaper: http://www.folabs.com/protransport.html

There's also AC-7 Core Mini which I think was developed for Ableton but should work with other DAW's, too.

Dropbox
Viber
Liveprofile (MUCH better than whatsapp and ping! And it's free)
Instagram and Camera+
ForumRunner
Fring
Sky+
Places
Google Earth
Fake Text
Downloads
Idaft
It's Friday
Remote
Hippo!!
CUT THE ROPE
TINY WINGS
Plants vs Zombies
Fifa11
Doodle Jump
Flick Golf
Flick football
Fruit Ninja
Crash Kart Racing
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2
Pandemonium

And I'd strongly recommend battery doctor

Novation Automap is pretty cool. I use it while playing keyboards for patch changes and such. You may find it useful, check it out.

Plants vs Zombies and Angry Birds are must have!

Audio Tool is pretty sweet. Polytune is cool. If you read Gearslutz frequently, that app is decent.

If you ever jailbreak your phone, BiteSMS is awesome. Bite & SBSettings are the only reason I jailbroke my phone.

*jailbreak only*
sbsettings
lockinfo (puts your calendar on the lock screen)
pdanet (personal wifi hotspot)

*regular apps*
RTA
camera+
facebook
tweetbot
iTeleport for remote desktop control
shazam
navigon if you want to use your phone as gps nav
rage faces

*games*
doodlejump