What's Wrong with the iPhone

N95 8GB/N96 is where its at! Whoever the hell thought touch screen was the future just lost my money, most of my calling/texting/photography appears to be done drunkenly thus making this telephone a shiny paperweight afaiac.

A friend of mine has an iPhone and I can't understand him for shit when he calls me. I had a Samsung Omnia for all of 48 hours, and my fat fingers couldn't use it, and I really didn't want to rely on a stylus. I now use a Sony Ericsson C905. It's a bit cack, interface is way too slow, and it's generally quite stupid, but I can call people, text people and take really good pictures with it. Sorted.

every cell can get weak signal and have a bad connection due to that... means nothing. i've many times been told how remarkably clear my iPhone is by people i'm talking too... even when playing them music over it.

I opted for the bold and love it so far. My buddy has the iphone and damn there are some cool apps. If I could go back I would probably pick up the iphone, but the bold is treating me pretty well so far.

-Joe

G1 basically is the iphone but with a physical keyboard. I love mine, no matter how many iphones i use i always come across drunk/retarded.

G1 FTW

initial release of Iphone 3g was known for having signal problems and shit call quality... 100% cured by firmware update! Tell your boy to update :)

Unsurprisingly, they're having trouble *giving* them away in Japan. My phone is for calling *only* (no texting, no browsing, no calendar nonsense) so I haven't tried this one much, but several members of a nonprofit I'm involved with are developing educational apps for the iPhone and they were fun to play around with.

Jeff

My biggest gripe is the fact that you can't get it without also buying a data plan. What the fuck is up with that bullshit?

It should be an option if it is not already. But to really get the most out of the iPhone, you kind of need the data plan to go along with it.

1237405997991.jpg

I own a HTC touch HD. This is a dream, the best looking handy of all time and an absolute multimedia star imo. And the best thing is..I also can phone with it hahaha :)

You can see it here: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Touch-HD-Unlocked-International/dp/B001KU7NOU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237416984&sr=8-1"]http://www.amazon.com/HTC-Touch-HD-Unlocked-International/dp/B001KU7NOU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1237416984&sr=8-1[/ame]

This handy I will certainly own longer than 1 year. I love it!

I'll be living on a college campus next year - WiFi is literally everywhere, and faster than 3G. The data plan would be useless!
Actually, I work on a college campus and it is nice to have the 3g seamlessly cover the weaker/dead areas as I walk around. Also, with any luck you'll actually leave campus occasionally:D- not to say that I don't get your point.
Your school will probably entitle you to a 15% discount on ATT service so that will help make up the difference.