aptrigga any good?

Jun 2, 2005
Hey guys..

Search function is down, so i thought i might ask..

Well, is it any good, anyone has it? it seems good to me, and the price is very low.. does it compare to the pricey drumagog?

Thanks in advance!

I've got both but I definitely prefer Drumagog. If you're going to use less than say 50% trigger sound then aptrigga should work fine. You might have to spend some time making an alternate drum track to edit the hits so that aptrigga can read them properly: drumagog, in my experience, is much better at reading drum hits correctly....Also, aptrigga is VST only (I think) while drumagog handles RTAS and most of the others (again, I think) as well.

kaomao said:
Maybe I got an older version, I clearly see one page for a sample and another for the other one.
can you explain me how you do it, it's really interesting!!!

Maurizio

vo and frank said it all

Frank'nfurter said:
up to 9 samples if you have apTrigga2
In the out section switch to 'random' and apTrigga randomize the samples.

shit i never knew this! i thought you could only use one sample:confused:

mind you i only use it on the kick so it doesnt matter to much.

DanAbela said:
shit i never knew this! i thought you could only use one sample:confused:

mind you i only use it on the kick so it doesnt matter to much.

You can also load up samples of a same kickdrum with different dynamic/hitforce. In 'samples' set the strongest hit to #1 and the weakest to #5 if you have 5 differnd samples. Go to out section and switch to dynamic. Now adjust the trigger and out thresholds, voilá, dynamic played kick.

You can even get different sounds with only one sample. You can apply a dynamic filter which alters the frequency curve for softer hits. (I guess you can do this with drumagog as well, but I've never tried it so I have no idea. I'm perfectly satisfied with aptrigga)