Aquanet mp3 available now

Yeah, this song is amazing. I'm kind of sad it has vocals over the top, but they aren't too distracting. Jason sounds better than he did back in the Energetic Disassembly days, but I'm still not a big fan of his voice. I like the operator at the end getting increasingly angry, that's a nice touch. I can't wait to hear the rest of this CD. It's funny, I downloaded this and a song from the new Dream Theater and was listening to both of them back-to-back, and holy shit does Dream Theater sound insanely simple in comparison (it was a good song, too, though). Just makes me laugh when people think DT are the kings of complex music, haha.

jimbobhickville said:
Yeah, this song is amazing. I'm kind of sad it has vocals over the top, but they aren't too distracting. Jason sounds better than he did back in the Energetic Disassembly days, but I'm still not a big fan of his voice. I like the operator at the end getting increasingly angry, that's a nice touch. I can't wait to hear the rest of this CD. It's funny, I downloaded this and a song from the new Dream Theater and was listening to both of them back-to-back, and holy shit does Dream Theater sound insanely simple in comparison (it was a good song, too, though). Just makes me laugh when people think DT are the kings of complex music, haha.
The vocals in Watchtower used to bother me alot but I got passes it and now I even enjoy them. I think that it could be alot worse, like Symhpony X or so... So I'm just happy that it's not a big problem.

I think DT is in a completely different world of music, it's like comparing Yngwie malmsteen with Allan Holdsworth, it just can't be done.

Great classic tech thrash sound! McMaster's vocals aren't that overwhelming as they are on the Watchtower albums. This song kind of reminds me of Thought Industry for some reason.

This is my most anticipated release of 2004. If it gets released in Japan first, w/bonus track(s), I will foot the bill. I really like this song. If you don't care for the vocals, then listen to Jarzombek's SSOTC Cd. I think I've heard some of these guitar licks on there.

Coypu said:
I think DT is in a completely different world of music, it's like comparing Yngwie malmsteen with Allan Holdsworth, it just can't be done.
Yeah, that's true, but I made the comparison because I was listening to both tracks at the time. I kept thinking about how a lot of people think DT are really complex and just how much simpler it was than the Ink tune.

Man, I'm so excited to hear the rest of this CD; I hope Ron gives us a release date soon (I'm sure he will as soon as it's settled).

This is so incredibly awesome... Unbelievable! Ron never ceases to amaze me. I am going to purchase this album on its release, for sure.

Is "PHHHHHHP" any good? I am looking into buying more Ron Jarzombeck stuff

By the way, what is Thought Industry?

Phhhhp! isn't as good as his newer disc, but if you love Ron's work you should definitely get it for the collection.

Thought Industry is a very progressive metal/rock band. Each of their CDs sounds very distinct, but many people, myself included, feel their earliest work was the best (it was the most technical and heaviest). Definitely check out Songs For Insects and Mods Carve the Pig.