Arch Enemy - Angela Gossow is OUT, Alissa White Gluz IN

Holy wtf!

On the one hand this makes me very sad. On the other, I can't think of a better replacement for Angela than Alissa (nor a better person to inherit those huge shoes).

This should make their new disc incredibly interesting. And good luck to Angela in whatever she moves on to. I'm going to miss her outsized presence.

I can't believe that tour was 10 years ago. I had friends who went to the NY show. I missed out on my chance to get a ticket.

Never cared about Angela as a singer. Always preferred Liiva's style. Most people don't know - but Angela indeed handled(and apparently still does) all the business affairs for the band over the years. If I recall - they're actually with CM under a licensing deal - so she handles all the admin for the band as well as AE owns the rights to their music. Indeed that's a full time job in it of itself.

I'm a bit disappointed by this selection. If they wanted a Canadian - Mel from Fuck the Facts is a much better singer. I don't like Alyssa's style at all.

I can't believe that tour was 10 years ago. I had friends who went to the NY show. I missed out on my chance to get a ticket.

Damn, it's been that long??!?!? Fuck! Getting old! :lol: I was there. Great show by both bands..

I'm a bit disappointed by this selection. If they wanted a Canadian - Mel from Fuck the Facts is a much better singer. I don't like Alyssa's style at all.

And this is where I'll disagree. I love Alissa as a singer. The big bummer imo is the fact that we won't get to hear her beautiful clean vocals too much anymore. I love The Agonist, but it'll be a tough pill to swallow to hear some other chick singing, even if she's good (which she seems to be).

The Agonist fans seem pretty pissed off about it thought - especially on their own FB page. The funniest comment was actually a video some guy posted in a direct response to the announcement:

Last edited by a moderator:
I will miss Anjelica very much but I understand why she is stepping down not happy but what r u gonna do. Not sure about Allisa I hope she does a kick ass job don't care about The Agnostic

I totally did not see this one coming! Alissa will do great IMO. Curious to see if Arch Enemy throws in some clean vocals for added texture. I'll miss Angela though, but she definitely has a full time job by continuing to manage the band.

Totally love the new song and Alissa sounds great IMO! :headbang: But then again Arch Enemy is one of my favorite bands and I love everything they've done with the exception of Rise Of The Tyrant.

Very good song. However, as someone pointed out to me today, had this song had an Alissa clean-vocal chorus, it would have been completely over-the-top awesome.

Looking forward to the new album, based on her handling vocal duties alone.

Very good song. However, as someone pointed out to me today, had this song had an Alissa clean-vocal chorus, it would have been completely over-the-top awesome.

Looking forward to the new album, based on her handling vocal duties alone.

The song really needs Suzuka Nakamoto, Moa Kikuchi and Yui Mizuno.