Arch Enemy - Angela Gossow is OUT, Alissa White Gluz IN

I admit that I went in wanting to like it. I thought the opening was a little weak, but Alissa really brings it. She sounds great with them! I'm really excited for the new album now.

Very good song. However, as someone pointed out to me today, had this song had an Alissa clean-vocal chorus, it would have been completely over-the-top awesome.

Looking forward to the new album, based on her handling vocal duties alone.

I said the same thing as soon as it got to the chorus! lol

Either way, I think its fantastic! Cant wait for the CD!

Vocally it was pretty solid, however I do hope she does use her clean voice with AE, with that said, musically it was kinda boring.

I used to like AE, but somehow I managed to not listen to them for years. I like this new song a lot. Anyone know the release date?

Also, I've never heard The Agonist but after seeing that video I'd like to hear some of their stuff with Alissa. What disk should I start with?

Guy

I used to like AE, but somehow I managed to not listen to them for years. I like this new song a lot. Anyone know the release date?

Also, I've never heard The Agonist but after seeing that video I'd like to hear some of their stuff with Alissa. What disk should I start with?

Guy

Lullabies for a Dormant Mind!!!

Thank You Pain is a fantastic video btw!

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember just hating The Agonist when I saw them with Enslaved a number of years ago. And it was this vocalist that I didn't care for. Isn't she the girl who does the "harsh" vocals on Kamelot's "Sacrimony"? Bleh. Not a fan.

Very cool artwork IMO. Here is the tracklisting and cover art for the new album from Blabbermouth:

"War Eternal", the ninth studio album from Swedish / American / Canadian metallers ARCH ENEMY, will be released in North America on June 10 via Century Media Records.

"War Eternal" track listing:

01. Tempore Nihil Sanat (Prelude In F Minor)
02. Never Forgive, Never Forget
03. War Eternal
04. As The Pages Burn
05. No More Regrets
06. You Will Know My Name
07. Graveyard Of Dreams
08. Stolen Life
09. Time Is Black
10. On And On
11. Avalanche
12. Down To Nothing
13. Not Long For This World

The cover artwork was created by Costin Chioreanu and can be seen below.

archenemywareternalcd.jpg

I think it's released in June... too damn far away.

I'd rather them not have clean vocals, too many bands bounce between clean and harsh now with gals in it (IMO). Keep my ArchAngela..err Arch Enemy heavy and nasty.

June 10th in North America.

I'll pass :lol:

This genre got tired and uninspired around the time Clayman was released. Maybe Hail of Bullets is the exception though.