Arch Enemy - Angela Gossow is OUT, Alissa White Gluz IN

Another new song, I like this one even better than War Eternal. This album sounds very promising!

Last edited by a moderator:
All of the songs they've put out so far have A) sounded like Arch Enemy and B) been pretty entertaining. Should be a solid disk. Alissa fits like a glove for them.

I just (finally) finished my first play through the new album.

It's nice to hear Arch Enemy back in prime shape. This is a monster record!!!!

Had some store credit so got it from iTunes. Musically is quite good. Vocally it has that standard growly Abbath rasp that permeates modern metal.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=103527

Heh... Looks like the Arch Enemy / Kreator / Huntress / Starkill north american tour is being booked by the same southeast-avoiding agent as the Dark Tranquillity / Insomnium tour...

10/23 Baltimore, MD – Baltimore Soundstage
10/24 New York, NY – Best Buy Theatre
10/25 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
10/26 Clifton Park, NY – Upstate Concert Hall
10/27 Montreal, QC – Metropolis
10/28 Quebec City, QC – Imperial Theater
10/29 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
11/01 Winnipeg, MB – The Garrick
11/02 Regina, SK – Riddell Centre
11/03 Calgary, AB – MacEwan Hall
11/04 Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
11/06 Vancouver, BC – Commodore Ballroom
11/07 Seattle, WA – El Corazon
11/08 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theatre
11/10 San Francisco, CA Regency Ballroom
11/11 West Hollywood, CA – House of Blues
11/12 Anaheim, CA – House of Blues
11/14 Tempe, AZ – The Marquee
11/15 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
11/16 Denver, CO – Ogden Theatre
11/18 Minneapolis, MN – Mill City Nights
11/19 Joliet, IL – Mojoes
11/20 Grand Rapids, MI
11/21 Detroit, MI – The Majestic Theatre
11/22 Cincinnati, OH – Bogart’s
11/23 Cleveland, OH – House of Blues

The vocals were never really the part I cared about in Arch Enemy anyway, I always thought Gossow was overrated and the new singer is pretty much more of the same generic vocals. It's always been about the guitar work for me, so even though I don't like the vox, I don't care because the songs are good anyway.

That said, the new album is pretty damn cool, I like the symphonic elements that show up in some of the songs, like "Time is Black" and "Avalanche", that's a new thing for them and it suits me just fine. Great riffing and solos, and the vocals are adequate as always.

The guitars are actually what's old about AE to me. You know exactly who it is immediately and he always sounds kinda samey. That might just be me, though.