ARCH ENEMY - Yesterday Is Dead And Gone

I've got a new reference mix.

I don't dig the song that much though, it's pretty standard, if not boring. Also, they lack some imagination sometimes. They go with an idea of an instrumental bridge, which goes progressive, and then out of nowhere, they throw the chorus. I hate that, I'm expecting something epic and I'm disappointed each time. The clip sucks too, it's well made, but the theme is childish to me and not imaginative. "Let's start a rebellion, kids"

But the solos are awesome. Cheesy or not, you can recognize Michael playing style anytime, and this alone is an achievement for a musician. I like his tone here cause it's not as harsh as usual.

The chorus reminds me a bit of Carcass's song "Heartwork", even the her vocals are sounding like Jeff Walker/Carcass (Heartwork era).

really digging the mix. music is kinda meh....the first couple of riffs i thought well, i've heard this before. sounds like they're copying themselves. songwriting is also pretty bad....some of the transitions make no sense at all.
chorus is nice (but also very typical arch enemy), but the vocals kill it. well, the lyrics actually.
not feeling it. but great mix, really digging the guitars and vocals here.