ARCH ENEMY - Yesterday Is Dead And Gone

jhrv

Mar 27, 2007
Awesome! :headbang:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Bp23NRf5w&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Sorry if this was posted before.

Oh man, production seems flawless even from 360p Youtube! Song is allright, but Angela sounds awesome!

Meh this band pales in comparison to all the progressive/tech melodic death coming out these days.
Only thing I liked about this song is Michael's vibrato, but he never fails to deliver on that anyway.
I'm sure the band could be a bit more experimental with their song writing while still retaining their signature Arch Enemy style.
Understandably, a lot of fans while still dig it, that straight ahead melodeath writing, but I guess I want to hear something a bit more from the genre these days, eh.

As for production, well pretty nice.
Those guitars have to be some of the most perfect sounding guitars in melodeath so far.

Never really liked the wah wah melodies in Arch Enemy songs, they annoy me pretty fast. Apart from that nice song though.

Andy mixed this, right? So busy lately I've been out of the loop about one of my favorite bands. Sounds great in any case.

Yup :)

I wish Angela would stop wearing that black paint under her eyes. She's growing a dick more and more with each album. :lol:

Andy mixed this, right? So busy lately I've been out of the loop about one of my favorite bands. Sounds great in any case.

Did he mix it? I know I've seen references to Arch Enemy and Rickard Bengtsson being listed as the production credits (Rikard Bergtsson responsible for 2005's Doomsday Machine), but had not heard about Andy doing the mixing? Can anyone site a confirmation if they have one?

Someone needs to update Andy's discography on his website and wiki for him and then let him confirm those updates. It's sad when we don't even know. lol