Arch/Matheos - Symphatetic Resonance...sounds great!! Fates Warning, anyone?? :)

In all due respect to Ray whom I absolutely love (and prefer over John Arch), I'm considering this a Fates Warning album, especially with Frank and Joey also appearing. This is some serious, heavy prog that combines the best of old and new. The album as a whole might be the heaviest, most prog-ladden disc in the "Fates Warning" catalog. That's the impression I'm getting after having listened to it all weekend.

My buddy played it with me on the way down to PP this year. Was pleasant surprise hearing how good John Arch sounds, also cool to hear he still writes and sings in some similar phrasings as old FW days. Definitely going to pick it up considering it flew off the vendor tables this year and i missed out.

I have not had a chance to pic this up but what I have heard is amazing. I have been waiting for this album for like 25 years. It may be a bit before I can pick it up but can anyone here post the lyrics to Stained Glass Sky? I have looked for them online and can not find them. I hope they are in the cd booklet but like I said, prob will be a little while before a get a chance to pick it up.

Got it yesterday and AWESOME. AWESOME. AWESOME.

I got the CD and the lyrics are there.

Would you do me a favor and give me the lyrics to Stained Glass Sky....? I am mostly interested in the melodic part around the 9-10 min mark.

I would be happy to do that but my booklet is at home :( If someone else has it on hand, maybe they can do it - however, if no one can do it by the time I get home, I will post them.

I would be happy to do that but my booklet is at home :( If someone else has it on hand, maybe they can do it - however, if no one can do it by the time I get home, I will post them.

THANK YOU!:Smokin:

That one song alone is worth the price of the album. It gets better with every spin. There is a part in the song around the 8:30 ish mark that could be off of APSOG.

STAINED GLASS SKY
Starts with Matheos solo, then Aresti solo. Riffs galore.

3:55
Morning desert sun horizon, rise above the sands of time.
Come journey to arcana. Travel starry spheres in time.

Master they shall fear thee. Martyr they endear thee.
Father, it was written, so it shall be. Mother yield the pure seed.
Child, it's your destiny, so hallowed be thy name.

Under stained glass sky, a crown of thorns it intertwines.
The mortal and divine together under stained glass sky.

Sands of the dunes and dust of the bones have swallowed them and all left behind.
Gods of the fire, fall from the sky on a wing and a prayer.

Master, they shall fear thee (repeat above section) . . . . .hallowed be thy name.

Under stained glass sky a wailing wall of tears divides the trinity of terror spawning
Under stained glass sky.
Under stained glass sky, I don't want to die.

6:00
Frank Aresti solo.

I've fallen from the sky; I know what I am in their eyes.
Truths are only lies told over and over again.
Pray tell my hands are tied; an infidel here lies.
Rise the crimson tide of a dead sea where nothing can ever survive.

She rose from the crimson tide, the maiden dead waters baptized.
Tears rain from her eyes, drowning the depths of her soul.

Standing with her maker, giver, and the taker,
Siren from the shore she echoes the verses and curses them all.

8:30
Jim Matheos solo.

9:14
Living, dying, bleeding, crying, elvin and serpentine under a midnight sun.
Shadows are dancing, spirits romancing; the cautious embrace of a quiet refrain.
Dreaming, praying, trusting, believing; the truth of her testament witness to all that remains.
Choked in silence, shrouds of violence, a radical harem has twisted her tongue.
Dream the last dream, dance the last dance, breathe the last breath.
A penance for what she dare believe.

As the tempest rends, there's a maiden that mends an interwoven tapestry.
Shreds of truth in the sacred stratum embroidered with iniquities.
By any measure, heinous treasure; threads of doubt - kingdoms fell.
This lady, she knows all that glitters isn't gold. Her stairway to heaven is a matrix through hell.

Conspiring eyes through a veil of lies, a swirling dervish dances in.
The here and the after, rage for the master. It was written, so it shall be.
As they slept the devil's kitchen, prepares a feast of misbeliefs.
The collective screams of tortured souls brought satan to his knees.
Brought him to his knees, oh yeeeaAAAAAAHHHH.

11:54
Master they shall fear thee...(repeat earlier section)...so hallowed be thy name.

Under stained glass sky, a crown of thorns it intertwines. The mortal and divine together under stained glass sky.

12:59
Round and round and up and down the dervish goes. Where his tempest leads the prophets have foretold.
Maiden who knows all that glitters isn't gold. Sacrificial lamb, hallowed be thy name.

Under ashen sky, continents they can't divide. The interwoven tapestry; the fabric of our lives.

/epic!

Hands-down my metal album of the year!

I got the album with T-shirt and it also came with an extra (duplicate) book signed by Arch and Matheos.

This album basically is just a modern day heavier Arch-era FW, and I couldn't ask for anything more!

The first three FW albums stand as some of the most incredible music ever and this album fits right in amongst those three.

Arch proves he still has some of the most amazing pipes and the songwriting and lyrical passages are what I fell in love with in the first three FW albums.

The production of the album also gets a A+ from me too.

Here's hoping that Arch/Matheos isn't just a one off and that Arch will continue to pick up the microphone in the future!

Every friggan year, I KNEW I was going to miss something that I wanted and it seems this was it. <sigh>, guess I'll have to order it on-line (along with the Infinita Symphonia album that I also want).

I love this album. I am such a a fanboy for John Arch, it's retarded. I'd buy his rap album. I am seriously considering heading over to Keep it True Festival in 2012 to see the first ever Arch/Matheos gig, with them playing songs from the first three Fates Warning albums + new tunes

I'm so jealous of Europeans (and others who can afford the trip). Even if it's just a 30-minute festival set, that could potentially be the show of a lifetime. I'm not counting on any US dates, but will fly out to Connecticut or wherever in a second if they decide to do any shows state-side...

Also, for anyone passing on the album because they didn't care for the two tracks I posted above: the other four on the album are much better! Any Given Day is fucking amazing.

Yeah, really impressed with this album, especially how phenomenal John Arch sounds after all these years!

I had purchased tickets to Keep It True when Sword and Witch Cross were announced (been wanting to attend this festival for awhile, as some of my European friends had mentioned what a cool little fest it is). Now with Arch/Matheos and Psychotic Waltz confirmed as headliners, I cannot wait for next April to head over to Germany!