Arch / Matheos

ElectricWiz

Steal Your Face
Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Sorry, don't see the old thread on this.

Anyone pick it up? It's insane. A good follow up to both Awaken the Guardian, and A Twist of Fate.

The reviews are pretty much unanimously gushing and fanboy praise-ish, but it deserves as much. Contender for album of the year for sure.

yeah this is one of the top 3 releases this year. only thing i dislike is arch's vocals are buried in the mix a bit. when you sing high like that the vocals have to be mixed a certain way

Haven't heard about it before now, color me interested. :D

Be aware that someone like me, who has been a almost fanatical Arch fan for 25 years, had to listen to this album 10 times before I understood what they were doing.

It is quite complex and will not deliver instant gratfication.

Man, waiting 25 years for the return of John Arch. And than he makes it worth the wait! That's unbelievable!

AMEN to that Brutha!

Be aware that someone like me, who has been a almost fanatical Arch fan for 25 years, had to listen to this album 10 times before I understood what they were doing.

It is quite complex and will not deliver instant gratfication.

Definitely not an album to be digested in one sitting. I've listened to it around 30 times now and it's still sending shivers down my spine. I keep hearing things I hadn't heard before. I haven't listened to it yet while following along with the lyrics, but when I do I expect it will paint a fresh new face on the music. I'll wait to do that until it starts losing its immediate appeal... which might be some time next year.

Arch / Matheos will be performing what is perhaps their only U.S. appearance, on May 5th in Hartford, CT at the Webster Theater

Thanks. Good to know. That's my daughter's birthday, but at least it's not during the week. This is about a 2 hour drive and is the same venue Fates Warning played in June 2010.