Archetype

Blood and Fat

cynical bastard
Jan 16, 2003
Monterrey, Mexico
afelio.envy.nu
I've just heard this song off Enter Suicidal Angels and it kinda fucked me up. :ill: :err: :zombie: :hotjump:

Really, I never imagined I would actually hear a techno-death song, and much less from a band like DT. Anyway, it's cheesy but really fun.

most people regard it as the worst song dt ever recorded...
being into electronics and industrial, i just think the results are rather poor for a potentially very good idea. i agree it's fun though. actually, maybe they should have gone more for the fun effect while they were at it. ;)

i imagine how it would be if they did another using electronics from haven and projector, mixing in some power chords from damage done and sampling a few snippets from movies (or games) they like. could be yummy. :Spin:

I imagined the fun was the entire point of the song, as it's got the most cliché dancefloor I've heard in a while.

And weird idea you got, I don't really know if it could work, but it's interesting all in all. I wonder what they'll come up with for the next album.

Blood and Fat said:
I imagined the fun was the entire point of the song, as it's got the most cliché dancefloor I've heard in a while.

right, but remember it was 1996 and back then probably all they listened to was metal and more metal. i think the novelty of the thing just annihilated every other concern about being creative....

I wonder what they'll come up with for the next album.

this is teh billion dollar question. :)

I like Archetype, but it's from the same time as Black Ash Inheritance, and I think the acoustic song from that beat Archetypes ass...

I like Archetype, but it's from the same time as Black Ash Inheritance, and I think the acoustic song from that beat Archetypes ass...
Both are "Shit, this EP we're making needs more than three songs... Quick, let's whip something up" songs.

In Flames were even worse though, including a live song. How blah.

The first few times I heard it I was repulsed, and could not even get through it entirely. Recently, however, I find my self enjoying it simply for the fact that it is completely unexpected and unmetal. It's so horrible that it rocks.

phyre said:
Both are "Shit, this EP we're making needs more than three songs... Quick, let's whip something up" songs.

In Flames were even worse though, including a live song. How blah.

Behind Space is a great live song, and Acoustic Medley and Goliaths Disarm Their Davids make it worth it for only two songs...

taken by the reaper said:
as a matter of fact i also do hate it....its just...not metal

not saying that i cant get into stuff that isnt metal...but this is...

way too not metal
Actually i don't mind about its not being metal, i do enjoy many non metal tunes. But i just think it sucks for a techno song and it brings pain in my ears. ;)
But the idea behind it, was pretty innovative and i liked it.