Facade

^ True.

You make it out as if every language can be traced back to latin or subsequently, greek, which I think is pretty thin ice. As for german, Im not sure it can be based on latin, there are influences of course but Im pretty sure it doesnt go back to latin.

So why do you think a third of our words have the same word cores like Latin words with similar meaning? Ha, eat that. :devil:

because they're all from the same family called Indo-European languages
but german does not come from latin, there are only 5 roman languages (italian, french, portuguese, romanian, spanish).
German is a Germanic language (like dutch, danish, swedish, norwegian)
The Romans invaded a small part of Germany (up to the Rhine or something like that), i guess thats would be how the influences of latin came into the german language.

EDIT:
The only small grammatical similarity i can see between German and Latin is declensions. If German came from latin, it would have a grammar a lot more similar to french or italian (like both languages have between them) than it actually does.

I read an article recently which said that Caesar did not say 'et tu, Brute' but 'και συ τεκνον', and that in fact most famous Latin quotes were originally in Greek, because that was what posh people spoke. Latin was for peasants. Apparently. Kind of like how French was the, er, lingua franca in courts all over Europe during the time of Louis XIV. So when Caesar died, his first thoughts would've been in Greek, which is what he spoke normally. 'Veni vidi vici' on the other hand was more of a propaganda thing, and so the linguists think it would have appeared first in Latin.

^ et tu Brute is from Shakespeare's 'Julius Caesar', its more of a quote from a play than an actual one?

I mentioned this before Wm Shakespeare do not write what he is credited with
most of it, if not all was written by Edward de Vere, the Earl of Oxford
if you're interested in this sort of thing, check out the book,
" Shakespeare by Another Name" by Mark Anderson

As this has turned in a language thread
the question is how/when/where did language arise?
One thought is that our ancient relatives, the ape masters
were imitating the songs of birds and over the centuries language developed from that?

To answer that question you would have to define language first, otherwise the singing of birds to attract the other gender could be called language as it is communication.

It is communication, just because we don't understand it, it doesn't mean it's not there.

Btw, for my original post, i meant they used facade in the new bonus song on Fiction, Under The Radiance or whatever. Didn't know they used it for that cd way back when. I think we should just say DT actually invented the word along with hardcore metal to expand their godism.

(btw off from the facade thing for a bit, I really have been searching for a band that started before DT that actually has a true death metal sound OR metalcore sound. I haven't searched that far, but everything I run across, the vocals arent even true growls, is more like the sound of drinking too many beers (basially that old-school scream) and the guitars are very slow and slugish and mushy. Can't find anything near DT honestly. I mean everything I come across sounds like the old Sepultura basically, or Slayer, or shit like that and none of those bands have anything in common with metalcore really. I've checked out bands like Celtic Frost ect and all that that supposedly were the firsts of black metal but same luck...).....I think maybe the closest thing I've found might be Morbid Angel, but they sound nothing like metalcore, and I still think the closest to the first metalcore is Punish My Heaven =/...and by metalcore, i probably mean metalcore that has alot more melody and stuff, like KSE, As I Lay Dying, ect.)

Oh em gee i just looked on wikipedia and I'm actually right. it says modern metalcore took heavy influence and cues from gothenburg death metal bands like At The Gates (<---should be replaced with DT since DT did the sound first since they are a year older)

btw off from the facade thing for a bit, I really have been searching for a band that started before DT that actually has a true death metal sound OR metalcore sound ramble ramble ramble like KSE, As I Lay Dying, ect

You did not know Dark Tranquillity actually are the source and the beginning of the emo movement?

Who the hell is KSE?

Oh em gee i just looked on wikipedia and I'm actually right. it says modern metalcore took heavy influence and cues from gothenburg death metal bands like At The Gates (<---should be replaced with DT since DT did the sound first since they are a year older)

It's not really so surprising, I think it can easily be traced back to that following the ubiquitous In Flames monicker: most modern metalcore bands used to mimick decent Goteborg acts, if not DT as such.
I'm sure we all agree there's a strong connection, but to trace it back to a word is probably a little too much.

@Matse: Killswitch Engage, I'm sure.

I heard they were a big influence on 50 Cent too.
As Young Buck defected from the G Unit(50 Cent's posse)
and they are now a trio, do you think their music will suffer?
I'll take you to the candy shop
I'll let you lick my faeryland forgotten

BTW Lil Wayne's 'lollypop' is more psychophysical than 'candyshop

Uh huh, No homo, Young Moolah baby
I said he so sweet, make her wanna lick the rapper
So I let her lick the rapper
She lick me like a lollipop
Shawty want a thug
Bottles in the club
Shawty wanna hump
You know I love to touch her lovely lady lumps

Okay, lil mama had a swag like mine
She even wear her hair down her back like mine
I make her feel right when it's wrong like lying
Man, she ain't never had a move like mine
But man, I ain't never seen an ass like hers
That pussy in my mouth had me lost for words
So I told her to back it up like burp, burp
And made that ass jump like jerp, jerp
And that's when she

Now after you back it up and stop
Drop it shawty, drop it like its hot
Ooh, drop it like its hot
Do it shawty, don't stop
Shawty say the nigga that she wit ain't shit
Shawty say the nigga that she wit ain't this
Shawty say the nigga that she wit can't hit
But shawty, I'ma hit it hit it like I can't miss
And he can't do this, and he don't do that
Shawty need a refund, need to bring that nigga back
Just like a refund, I make her bring that ass back
And she bring that ass back cause I like that

She wanna lick lick lick lick me like a lollipop -
Shawty wanna lick me

I get her on top, she drop it like it's hot
And when I'm at the bottom, she Hillary Rodham
The middle of the bed, I'm givin, getting head
I'm givin, getting head, I'm givin, getting head
I said, I like that
Ooohh
Call me so I can come and do it for ya
Call me so I can come and prove it for ya
Call me so I can make it juicy for ya
Call me so I can get it juicy for ya

Shawty wanna lick me [like a lollipop]
Hahah [lick me like a lollipop]
[She lick me like a lollipop, lollipop]
Say he so sweet, make you wanna lick the rapper

rahvin said:
Lollipops and sausage and bananas top the list of "most phallic food"
One of the beaches i visited on my vacation was called Big Banana. The beach next to it was called Small Banana and it was a nudist beach.