DT tribute album

Hail you Dark Tranquillity einherjar! May I have some of your attention, please?
Thank you! We just finished mastering a new cover on an awesome DT song - The Wonders At Your Feet. It took me 6 months to practice growling especially for this one to sound a bit more than like a suffocating steamtrain burried in deep in pillows, however obviously I failed. Anyway I like it more than everything we did before and now, we actually feel determined to record a whole album of DT songs. I think I and my friend owe this band too much, and I think we must repay. At least, we would feel consolated, that way) We decided that our first CD will be a tribute to DT disc of 12 songs and all different in manner (DT is quite a versatile band). The Wonders seems of an epic, manifesting and militant kind. So here is it, please, have mercy)

Last edited by a moderator:
Поздравления!!!

You did an excellent cover!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang::kickass::kickass:

The voice is not as good as Mikael's, but which voice is it?

I liked the voice more in the first lines, after that for some reason it didn't sound as good, it's lower in the tone.

But, do not mind lad! The cover is simply excellent, I especially love the way you changed the instruments! It's still DT, but in your own way! This is how covers are supposed to be! Not a vulgar copy/paste from the song, but a new approach to it!!!

Again, Поздравления!!! :headbang: :kickass:

PS: No idea if that's the correct Russian word, I just translated 'congratulations' hehehe.

Very nice, I particually love the synths. Similar enough to original, but different enough to give the cover its own atmosphere.

Were the vocals pitch corrected, or was that "clean" so to say? I actually liked them, just curious as a fact.

I likey. Funny how it sounds like a remix in a few places.

And I thoroughly enjoyed the barking. Was it a real dog, by the way?

Again, Поздравления!!! :headbang: :kickass:

PS: No idea if that's the correct Russian word, I just translated 'congratulations' hehehe.

The translation is pretty accurate, but for the life of me I can't recall a single word that can be used in that context - it's usually a sentence and a verb "Поздравляю/ем с..." ("I/we congratulate you on/with" something).

I can't find costarican translation though, ese.

The translation is pretty accurate, but for the life of me I can't recall a single word that can be used in that context - it's usually a sentence and a verb "Поздравляю/ем с..." ("I/we congratulate you on/with" something).

I can't find costarican translation though, ese.

And how would you pronounce that?

Well here we speak Spanish, so you can say '¡felicidades!' :)

Thank you everyone!
Defiance These angry efforts in video is my voice. I recorded most of lead guitars for the upcoming songs and suddenly realised that I want to be a vocalist)
"Поздравления" /Pozdravleniya/ - is congratulations, indeed, however it is used in an active form as a verb, like plintus correctly noticed.
Pozdravlyayu/yem s .. (First person singular/plural)
I leart Spanish some long time ago, I remember it was like "felicitaciones", is that possible?
plintus No, the dog was emulated) And you seem to be a profound russian speaker 0_o
Erik Erna
Well, we try to uncover and employ DT's strategy in song recording. So like Niklas Sundin once said there is no effects apart form the usual reverb)

Thank you everyone!
Defiance These angry efforts in video is my voice. I recorded most of lead guitars for the upcoming songs and suddenly realised that I want to be a vocalist)
"Поздравления" /Pozdravleniya/ - is congratulations, indeed, however it is used in an active form as a verb, like plintus correctly noticed.
Pozdravlyayu/yem s .. (First person singular/plural)
I learnt Spanish some long time ago, I remember it was like "felicitaciones", is that possible?

So you say "congratulations + to you" or what?

Hmm no, you can muchas 'felicitaciones/felicidades', or 'felicidades' :) .

anita_job
Thank you! I agree. For us, it is in many cases the hardest to define that "something wrong" and then to somehow find ways to make it sound more like "right")
Ah, Arkona is a good band :headbang:. But we still lack a bass player, a keyboardist, a lead guitarist and a drummer, so.... no tours yet :erk:

Excellent! The vocals are really good (especially considering your vocalist isn't Mikael Stanne).

I just have one question: why drop the pinch harmonics from the verse? Specifically, the part right at 0:10. A few of them show up in the solo, so I'm sure your guitarist can handle it. The song just sounds kind of strange without them. Otherwise, I love it!

Excellent! The vocals are really good (especially considering your vocalist isn't Mikael Stanne).

I just have one question: why drop the pinch harmonics from the verse? Specifically, the part right at 0:10. A few of them show up in the solo, so I'm sure your guitarist can handle it. The song just sounds kind of strange without them. Otherwise, I love it!
Thank you :lol: As for the harmonics they just didn't sound well)) We couldn't come up with anything that sounds as cool as the original. So we decided to just leave them alone and rely more on the synth backup.