DT "tribute" videos in the net

Villain

Doctor BenQuillity
May 7, 2001
Finland
Visit site
For a number of times I've come upon DT songs used as background-music for some homemade videoclips. Most of them are crappy, but a few are either funny or truly ingenious. Today, I went and searched for Dark Tranquillity at www.youtube.com, and here are some of my picks:

(Beware, the sound/picture quality varies from barely decent to really bad)

A nice Lethe cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLL0ETc9orE&search=tranquillity

A hilarious Scythe, Rage and Roses video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q5DsgQ105w&search=tranquillity

Hours Passed in Exile on Resident Evil 4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8nxif7Ivz4&search=tranquillity

And finally, my personal favorite, The Wonders at Your Feet on a great video made of Berserk manga:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DeZP7yebdE&search=tranquillity

I actually have a better quality file of that last one - you should be able to download it from www.animemusicvideos.org if you are interested.

Do you know any other DT-related videoclips similar to these? If yes, post them here.

-Villain

Villain said:

:lol: they speak french. what they say at the beginning is funny:

"y'a de fortes chances pour que je la foire, alors gueulez pas trop fort"
"mais pourquoi tu t'assieds"
"allez samy"

the bassist says: there many chances that i make bad mistakes, so dont scream too much
and then someone else says "but why do you sit down"
and then "go samy"

Not bad :)
but...

I have never played the intro on a bass, because I dont own one, but i can play it on the guitar better (but it sounds an octave higher than with a bass).
Probably due to the sound quality of the recording, but the guitar sound has too much high frequencies in it...

Yes! I love that one! I have always dreamed of producing the official video for the sun fired blanks! I have it all in my head. My heart breaks every time I know I will never do it..

Can I quote? Mikael: "The things we trie to forget and escapING"

He spits on stage!!!! And I'm so glad he stopped shaving and to bad he stopped wearing those pants.
Henriksson looks like a little boy, naaaaaaaaaaw

That one is from the World Domination Live video/CD. Recorded in Essen 1997, if memory serves me right. The set is way too short, but has a couple of other great performances as well (the classic Punish My Heaven, the rare Constant and the raging Of Chaos and Eternal Night closing the set with Mikael chasing and kicking Niklas on stage). Something the old-timers remember well.

-Villain

i have already seen it. I downloaded it a year ago. I like the intro better when it is played on a bass rather than on a keyboard... They sohould have played it with the bass on the Live Damage DVD

Villain said:
That one is from the World Domination Live video/CD. Recorded in Essen 1997, if memory serves me right. The set is way too short, but has a couple of other great performances as well (the classic Punish My Heaven, the rare Constant and the raging Of Chaos and Eternal Night closing the set with Mikael chasing and kicking Niklas on stage). Something the old-timers remember well.

-Villain

Hahahaha, I would like to see that.

Villain said:
I actually have a better quality file of that last one - you should be able to download it from www.animemusicvideos.org if you are interested.
How did you download it from YouTube to do that? I also downloaded that one and did some things to it to convert it to more-or-less-decent (in both video quality and file size), but that was months ago and i don't remember how i downloaded it. I remember it had to do with the YouTube site's source code and the url of the video, but i don't remember the specifics.

Thanks. :)

/ Undo (undoing source codes to download things)

UndoControl said:
How did you download it from YouTube to do that? I also downloaded that one and did some things to it to convert it to more-or-less-decent (in both video quality and file size), but that was months ago and i don't remember how i downloaded it. I remember it had to do with the YouTube site's source code and the url of the video, but i don't remember the specifics.

Thanks. :)

/ Undo (undoing source codes to download things)

Uh, I didn't. I just went and downloaded a better quality version from www.animemusicvideos.org - I've never downloaded anything from YouTube, as everything there is of such crappy quality. I just put the YouTube-link here to allow people to check it out without having to browse through www.animemusicvideos.org as it is a painful site to navigate.

Fevermist: Heh, a nice one! :cool:

-Villain

Hmm, spekaing about the Live Video CD

Where did you download it from? I was so desperated for not finding this Of Chaos... video.

I want this World Domination from 1997. Any ideas?