are kalmah getting mainstream ?

ahmedkokko

Mar 22, 2008
its very clear that kalmah gettin more famous than any time befor are they getting mainstream?
and started to change thier style wich it is also clear in For the revloution album ?
and sorry for my bad english need some answers plz thanks

Always when some band and the word fame comes together people think that is mainstream. So lame... One band that sounds like Kalmah? Any older band than Kalmah, sounds like Kalmah? Kalmah done their thing since early 90's. (influences of course but you know what i mean)For the revolution is a bigger step back musically and vocally then forward in my opinion. Their is not a thing that they have not done before on ftr (in a positive way, of course!).

damn, this thread shouldn't exist. Kalmah is NOT mainstream. They said it themselves. They write material not thinking about the past or the future. They just get inspired and write. Mainstream bands write material to get popular and to stay popular such as CoB.

COB aren't even "mainstream" and I don't think "Swampmetal"(in general) was designed to be Mainstream. This is true music were talking about, not some one hit wonders band.

COB aren't even "mainstream" and I don't think "Swampmetal"(in general) was designed to be Mainstream. This is true music were talking about, not some one hit wonders band.

CoB is not anything like mainstream, but they've got reeally popular. And I think Laiho still writes songs based on his own inspirations and emotions, not so that they'll sell as much as possible. If they wanted to be as mainstream as possible they would have stayed like they were on first 3 albums.

CoB is not anything like mainstream, but they've got reeally popular. And I think Laiho still writes songs based on his own inspirations and emotions, not so that they'll sell as much as possible. If they wanted to be as mainstream as possible they would have stayed like they were on first 3 albums.

Not really, If I'm not wrong, Are you Dead Yet? outsold the previous albums, and yes, it does sound more public friendly, a lot.