Are Mikael and the swedish metal community at the stadium tonight for Metallica ?

^ He just says it's his. He just says everything was his and they just took it all away from him.

Mmm-hmmm. And if you read what I posted, you'll see that the issue was "settled quietly" a couple of years ago. That can mean a lot of things, but it doesn't exactly scream out "Dave is a big fat liar!" Don't you think it would have gone down that way if Dave was lying? Yes, I understand that I'm speculating, but I've just always thought Dave was telling the truth on this. I mean, he says Lars is an asshole... I trust him on that...

Mmm-hmmm. And if you read what I posted, you'll see that the issue was "settled quietly" a couple of years ago. That can mean a lot of things, but it doesn't exactly scream out "Dave is a big fat liar!" Don't you think it would have gone down that way if Dave was lying? Yes, I understand that I'm speculating, but I've just always thought Dave was telling the truth on this. I mean, he says Lars is an asshole... I trust him on that...
Yes, but his attitude here, saying they took everything they have from him, that's just plain ridiculous.
He just seems really egocentric.

Yes, but his attitude here, saying they took everything they have from him, that's just plain ridiculous.
He just seems really egocentric.

Agreed on that. Dave's an egomaniac. I just think he's probably right on in his accusation about Leper Messiah. Everything else? Nah... But to settle the situation quietly to me means there's some truth to the accusation. Or that it made more sense to pay him to stfu. But, really, was Dave looking for money? With that ego? I think he just wanted them to admit that they took it. And they probably did admit it behind closed doors. Wouldn't Metallica have come out with something that said they were able to publicly put this rumor to rest if they could have? Just a guess, and I could be wrong. I just have a suspicion.

please close this thread.
metallica is one of the most important metal bands of all time. so shut up, and close.

concert is already over...
read topic pls^^

metallica is one of the most important metal bands of all time. so shut up, and close.

read topic pls^^

WTF is your problem? We're having a conversation and you're being an asshole, Mr. 30 posts.

read topic pls^^
So what? It'd be unfair to close an active thread with a good-flowing converstation in it. It's not out of the ordinary for a thread about people going to a Metallica concert to turn into a thread about Metallica.

As for Dave - I don't think there's really all that much reason for him to whine as much as he does. The man founded one of the most respected metal bands in the world, and has written more than enough stuff to leave his stamp on the heavy metal industry.
Seeing as the man has so many accomplishments under his name, it seems a bit pathetic for him to whine so much about the past. If the Leper stuff is correct, then yes, he has the right to complain about it. But stop complaining about all the other stuff like stage persona and getting kicked out first thing in the morning. It HAS been 25 years, damn it.

My favourite Dave Mustaine quote :

" If I were still in Metallica, we 'd be bigger than the Rolling Stones"

If he really blelieves this, no wonder he continues to whine after all these years.

My favourite Dave Mustaine quote :

" If I were still in Metallica, we 'd be bigger than the Rolling Stones"

If he really blelieves this, no wonder he continues to whine after all these years.
:lol:
Also, am I the only one who actually liked Kirk's solos on Kill 'em All better than Mustaine's demo recordings?

Of course, I'm not saying he's better, haha. I'm just saying he's probably a better fit for Tallica.

So what? It'd be unfair to close an active thread with a good-flowing converstation in it. It's not out of the ordinary for a thread about people going to a Metallica concert to turn into a thread about Metallica.

As for Dave - I don't think there's really all that much reason for him to whine as much as he does. The man founded one of the most respected metal bands in the world, and has written more than enough stuff to leave his stamp on the heavy metal industry.
Seeing as the man has so many accomplishments under his name, it seems a bit pathetic for him to whine so much about the past. If the Leper stuff is correct, then yes, he has the right to complain about it. But stop complaining about all the other stuff like stage persona and getting kicked out first thing in the morning. It HAS been 25 years, damn it.

ok. youre right. i was in a very bad mood, because of several things...
go on guys. im on vacation for 8 days right now :yuk:

keep it up

:lol: Yeah, I'd love to... but, taking care of a 3 month old makes it hard.

BTW, I usually have no animosity to n00bs, but Ruun's comment struck me as really rude and presumptuous. Anyhow, all seems cool now. :) If anything, Samsara should probably move this thread to non-Opeth music chat.

:lol:
Also, am I the only one who actually liked Kirk's solos on Kill 'em All better than Mustaine's demo recordings?

Of course, I'm not saying he's better, haha. I'm just saying he's probably a better fit for Tallica.

In 1983 Hammet was surely more into techincal stuff than Dave. With time things changed but during the '80s that was the situation.

I like Kirk's solos more than Dave's but the latter's are really good too.

Abusing gentivie..:Smug: