Are the defective DVD's going to be addressed or not?

sknight said:
That's pretty odd. As far as metalages told us, he had solid inside info saying back over the summer that new discs were being printed.

Wonderful company, this Inside Out.

Just upload the DVD to file sharing clients and be done with it.

They were....they just didn't fix the problem. I don't know if there was a miscommunication of some sort but it sounds like they just pressed some more discs without changing anything....or at least testing to see if their changes fixed the problem. It sounds like nothing was changed though.

sknight said:
That's pretty odd. As far as metalages told us, he had solid inside info saying back over the summer that new discs were being printed.

Wonderful company, this Inside Out.

Just upload the DVD to file sharing clients and be done with it.

All I can say is I simply relayed messages back and forth and that was it guys. Anything I said was simply being relayed from the label right to you guys. I'd appreciate my name not being tied to this from here on since I was only trying to do both sides a favor and get this thing resolved. the fact that it isn't... I don't know what to tell ya. :erk:

MetalAges said:
All I can say is I simply relayed messages back and forth and that was it guys. Anything I said was simply being relayed from the label right to you guys. I'd appreciate my name not being tied to this from here on since I was only trying to do both sides a favor and get this thing resolved. the fact that it isn't... I don't know what to tell ya. :erk:
Deron,
Respectfully, I understand your point of view and I met you initial relaying with much skepticism for good reason-I know how the music industry works. I was sent messages back from you that were antagonistic and now six months later or more, the DVD's are clearly not fixed, nor do I think they will be. This was despite your insistance.

Perhaps the US office is simply a slave satellite to the German one and they can only make requests and do what they can to appease the fans, but the fact remains that the fans once again have not gotten what they paid fdr and Jim is not able to (or won't) resolve it.

I will not tie you in from here on out, but I have to point out why I mentioned your name.

Well, mine works fine. And my brother in-law who works in this sort of field has figured out that (at least my copy) is correct.

So was there a defective run somewhere? Cuz it seems that some of you have no idea what you're truly talking about...

Neveruary said:
Well, mine works fine. And my brother in-law who works in this sort of field has figured out that (at least my copy) is correct.

So was there a defective run somewhere? Cuz it seems that some of you have no idea what you're truly talking about...

Tell your brother-in-law to look at post #53 and see if there's anything wrong with it and then we'll decide who does or does not know what they're talking about.....

If your IFO looks like that, then it's screwed up too. If not, then you got lucky.

Bet ya this won't get fixed. They have no reason to and it's what, closer to a year after the original manufacture?

That's why I say you should take pity on the fellow fans that don't want to deal with more record company nonsense and just upload it. That will teach them a lesson. Low quality? No problem. We just won't buy your product.

Jesus, I would love to see this totally un-viewable product that causes so much bitching while some claims it's perfectly good. Anyway I think point is perfectly made, and the next step would be to continue the arguments on the InsideOut-board, where the responsible ppl at least will see it.

YEEESS!

I'm not going to dance a jig until I actually have the thing in my hand, but I just got this email from Jennifer at InsideOut:

"Hi guys - Thanks SO MUCH for your patience... Just heard back from
our HQ that NEW, CORRECTED versions of the DVD are finally done! They
just did a small run, for those of you who need replacements. They are sending them to us very soon, and as soon as they're in my
hands I will get them out to you!

Thanks again for your support & understanding."

Jennifer

I just ordered a copy of the DVD through Hastings. They looked it up and told me that it was out of stock through their normal channels and would special order it which would take 2 weeks or so. Are there any assurances that my copy will be a corrected copy here in the US?

Axedawg said:
I just ordered a copy of the DVD through Hastings. They looked it up and told me that it was out of stock through their normal channels and would special order it which would take 2 weeks or so. Are there any assurances that my copy will be a corrected copy here in the US?
Highly doubt it. You may have to send it in for a replacement.