Are there going to be new albums by...

VenomGA

At War With Stan
Jul 28, 2005
Are there going to be new albums by...Orphaned Land, Pagan's Mind, Circus Maximus or Brainstorm?? It has been a while for these bands so I am curious.
Orphaned Land's Mabool came out February 23rd, 2004
Pagan's Mind's God's Equation came out November 9th, 2007
Circus Maximus' Isolate came out September 4th, 2007
Brainstorm's Downburst came out January 25th, 2008

As you can see most of these albums are @2 years old. With their appearances at the festival, I was hoping we were due new releases. Anyone know????

Circus Maximus is shooting for a 2010 release (let's hope like EARLY summer-ish!!).. Per Mike, via their board, they're writing and hoping to start recording in the fall...

Orphaned Land have been recording for a while, but apparently have various ongoing issues that keep delaying things. None of the other bands you mentioned seem to be taking a really excessive amount of time between releases though... seems like they're all on a fairly normal schedule of recording, touring, and taking a break every now and then.

Orphaned Land's Mabool came out February 23rd, 2004
Pagan's Mind's God's Equation came out November 9th, 2007
Circus Maximus' Isolate came out September 4th, 2007
Brainstorm's Downburst came out January 25th, 2008

As you can see most of these albums are @2 years old. With their appearances at the festival, I was hoping we were due new releases. Anyone know????
No.

I interviewed all of these bands. The next release by any of these four will likely be OL, but not at PP.

Zod

Last I heard Orphaned Land were done recording the new album, had sent it out to Steven Wilson for mixing, and were shooting for an October release date.

And Michael Eriksen confirmed on their forums that they won't be playing any tracks this year, in case anyone was wondering.

Last I heard Orphaned Land were done recording the new album, had sent it out to Steven Wilson for mixing, and were shooting for an October release date.

And Michael Eriksen confirmed on their forums that they won't be playing any tracks this year, in case anyone was wondering.

**??? Circus Maximus won't be playing ANY TRACKS this year? Boy, I sure hope Mike has a good stand up comedy act then, LOL! ...Or did you mean NEW tracks?:Spin:

I like the fact that Orphaned Land take their time making albums. I mean the length of time between Mabool and El Norra Alila was 8 years. So they work in strange ways (or delayed by military service) because true "art" works at it's own pace. I find it's when bands release albums every other year (or sooner) that you wind up with a piece of crap album which is happening FAR too often now. just my opinion of course.

I like the fact that Orphaned Land take their time making albums. I mean the length of time between Mabool and El Norra Alila was 8 years. So they work in strange ways (or delayed by military service) because true "art" works at it's own pace.
While this is partly true, there are other factors that have delayed their releases, beyond the fact that their creative process is complex. Kobi spoke about this at length.

Zod

correct, that is why i said "military service." i was aware of the delays considering i have been following the band since the release of El Norra Alila and Sahara. i mean Century Media would have dropped any other band that took 8 years to release their debut album with the label if it weren't for good reason.

**??? Circus Maximus won't be playing ANY TRACKS this year? Boy, I sure hope Mike has a good stand up comedy act then, LOL! ...Or did you mean NEW tracks?:Spin:

No, you read that right. Apparently they're so upset that they have to play two sets, they're just gonna spend the time playing grab ass on stage for 2 hours.