PP USA X: Latest news on all the bands

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Power Quest- Headline UK tour dates just announced. European tour news coming soon.

Tomorrow's Eve- "Tales from Serpentia" is out now. Buy! Buy! Buy!

Diablo Swing Orchestra- From Daniel's post on the DSO forum: Regarding the next album we now have 13 pieces that we think will end up on the album. Some of the working titles are: The vodka inferno(which we have played live a couple of times now), The tapdancer's dilemma, Stratosphere Serenade, Lucy fears the morning star & Nicotine Cathedrals.

All in all we can promise a more playful album with perhaps a little more aggressive-sounding songs. Some notes on the new songs are that wel make more use of brass instruments than on the previous album. Some songs will also feature a male opera singer (we'll reveal names later) and they will be sung in english, russian, french and italian

Details regarding studio and who will release the album is yet to be finalized but it will probably be sorted out during the upcoming month. Pre-production will continue during the autumn and we'll hit the studio around jan-feb of 2009. We'll keep the live gigs to a minumum during this period to focus on the next album. And even though the release is some time away we can actually promise that if you liked the first album it WILL be worth the wait. rom Daniel's last post on the DSO Forum:

Sabaton- Continue 3 month tour of Europe. Of note: 10 sold-out shows so far along with 5 venues upgraded.

Royal Hunt- Nothing at the present to report.

Andre Matos- Will be Edguy's special guest on select dates in Europe in the spring.

Circus Maximus- New website now online including new video footage from the "Isolate" recording sesssions. Mike considering a sex change once camoflauge clothing becomes more fashionable.

Orphaned Land- New album still being recorded with a tenative release date of early 2009.

Pagan's Mind- On tour in Europe with Sonata Arctica next month.

Brainstorm- Currently on hiatus till the spring. New album due in the fall of 2009.

Fates Warning- Matheos finishing work on OSI. Ray's dvd with Redemption scheduled for spring release. No Fates news at the present.

thanks for the news!! Any chance we will get the annual How the roster came together for PP9?

Diablo Swing Orchestra- From Daniel's post on the DSO forum: Regarding the next album we now have 13 pieces that we think will end up on the album. Some of the working titles are: The vodka inferno(which we have played live a couple of times now), The tapdancer's dilemma, Stratosphere Serenade, Lucy fears the morning star & Nicotine Cathedrals.

This is really starting to sound like my kind of band. I need to check them out.

What is amusing is that the Royal Hunt fans on the RH forums are waiting for a 'band confirmation' about PP X. Which surprises me that they would listen to a band like RH, live in the US, and not know about ProgPower.

Thanks Glenn. It's a cool update, good to know the new Diablo Swing Orchestra is shaping up to be something interesting. The samples for the new Tomorrow's Eve sound really cool too!
As for Royal Hunt, I wouldn't be surprised if for the next 11 months the update is still the same... :lol:

I would love to have updates on each of the bands every 2-3 months. I have not been to the concert for since PPVI. But im still on here every day. My friend and I are looking to go for the 10th year. We have 3 years under our belt.