Are we all going to pretend this never happened?

This new covers album is so boring. I was just saying to some people he shouldn't be allowed to record covers of Dio, Black Sabbath or Whitesnake anymore. I mean talk about beating a dead horse. The man has a great voice, but when just about every other album is a covers album it just says cash grab to me. plus I read he had 40 songs picked out to do, so none of those other ones on his list weren't a Sabbath, Dio or Whitesnake song?

3 out of 12 is not too bad on this album... You have 9 covers of other artists...

For clarity sake, "Are You Ready" was written by Thin Lizzy, not Jorn. :p

What HE said. LOL!

'Are You Ready' is a hard rock classic right up there with 'Smoke On The Water' or 'Iron Man' or...well...you get the idea.

Apparently Jorn is like the Pope of the Prog power forum, a being touched by the divine above reproach.

No. Wait. You basically trashed his entire solo career. People responded that they actually LIKE some of his solo stuff. You respond with an example of cheesy lyrics and end up quoting a song he didn't even write...not to mention a classic rock staple. People further defend the man's work. And now he's The Pope of The Forum? Really?

Care to embarrass yourself further? :rolleyes:

The song's fine enough. Video is pretty awful.

Have you seen the original video? I think it's kind of taking the piss. Trying to out awful the awful if you get my drift.

And by the way, I find most of his recent discs...especially the cover stuff...to be pretty generic and boring. But I loved his early solo stuff, as well as his work with Ark, Masterplan, Millennium, Allen-Lande, et al. Indeed, I think the Allen-Lande discs are proof that he is at his best when he sings someone else's material.

Last edited:
No. Wait. You basically trashed his entire solo career. People responded that they actually LIKE some of his solo stuff. You respond with an example of cheesy lyrics and end up quoting a song he didn't even write...not to mention a classic rock staple. People further defend the man's work. And now he's The Pope of The Forum? Really?

Care to embarrass yourself further? :rolleyes:

Settle down Francis, that post had two smiley faces in it, it is pretty clear I was joking. Well except the part about his lyrics "treading in a sea of retarded sexually and bad poetry". Regardless of whether one was not actually his, does little to undermine that point. Finding horrible lyrics by Jorn was like shooting fish in a barrel :)

Settle down Francis, that post had two smiley faces in it, it is pretty clear I was joking.

Don't you mean "Lighten up Francis"?

Anyway, Thin Lizzy is an icon and that song kicked ass then and still does now. That was my point.

And as I stated before, his voice IS much better served as a vehicle for someone else's songwriting imo. As a songwriter, he's a great singer. :D

Reactions: Kez