Jorn - "Out To Every Nation"

Wyvern

Master of Disaster
Staff member
Nov 24, 2002
I don't know how many fans of Mr. Lande are around, but the guy rules in the vocal (and composition) department. My first contact was through Ark an awsome band that sadly was brought to an end abruptly due in part for the changes in Helloween that left Roland Grapow and Uli Kusch unemployed and forming Masterplan to which Jorn jump aboard quickly.

Jorn former credits include The Company of Snakes (the band of former Whitesnake guitars Moody and Mardsen), Mundanus Imperium, Millenium ("Hourglass" album only), Beyond Twilight plus collaborations with Nikolo Kotzev in Brazen Abbot and the "Nostradamus" opera. Jorn also sing live for Yngwie Malmsteen prior to join Ark.

As solo artist Jorn has three albums: "Starfire" (2000) a collection of original and covers (by the way his cover of 'The Day The Earth Caught Fire' smokes, pun intended :D), then "Worldchanger" (2001) only original songs (from those 'Christine' is a wonderful shake-it-baby melodic soft rocker, and the complex 'Tungur Knivur is really a change from his previous work). Changing his former line-up (that included Tore Moren - guitars, Sid Ringsby - bass, Jan Axel "Hellhammer" Von Blomberg - drums) Jorn came with a much more ellaborated album (courtesy mostly of the collaboration with Jörn-Viggo Lofstad on guitars and Stian Kristoffersen on drums, from Pagan's Mind). Darker, a bit much progressive, also heavier in parts than its predecessors. A variety is present too, 'Living With Wolves' is very dark and heavy, while the opener 'Young Forever" borders power metal ala European style. 'Out To Every Nation' is the one that reminds me most of his previous work, while the classic style rocker 'Rock Spirit' change the pace of songs in th album. Also noticeable is Magnus Rosèn on bass, from Hammerfall.

I like th album a lot, this is the European version with the Norwegian flag, not the Japanese version (that some marketing idiot issued with the Jap flag, no need for that at all. Or they want to put a different cover in each different country? :err: ) Came with a video of 'Living With Wolves'.

I really want to hear that. Though I am not particularly a fan of Jorn Lande, Stian and Jorn Viggo are the most talented drum and guitar duo I have ever heard. Both of those guys are Incredible musicians and both are still in their twenties as well. If Pagans Mind can duplicate the quality of their last release their regular band will be pretty big.
Anyway are the guitars and drums on Jorn's new album good ?

I am sure the Japanese flag was done on purpose. The Japanese distributors are picky and normally require bonus tracks etc. but the end users are great. Japanese are very loyal fans. Accept was pretty big in Japan and it was their favorite place to tour.

Bryant

The froggy version has a french flag on the cover ;)
I think they did 4 or 5 different flags.

As for the album, it's definitely more progressive than "Worldchanger", probably because of the new band members coming from Pagan's Mind.
I have to let it grow on me before voicing my opinion.

Jorn is an awesome singer anyway!

Fangface said:
The froggy version has a french flag on the cover ;)
I think they did 4 or 5 different flags.
Brrr! I like the Norwegian flag, I think is patriotic an cool. Is kind of from Norway with love- Jorn ;)

@ Bryant: Like I said Jorn always surround himself with talent. The guitar playing is very good, but this ain't axe hero stuff (he had enough with Malmsteen for a livetime), is very balanced, very well done music a bit more prog oriented like Fang said than its predecessors.

Wyvern said:
Brrr! I like the Norwegian flag, I think is patriotic an cool. Is kind of from Norway with love- Jorn ;)

@ Bryant: Like I said Jorn always surround himself with talent. The guitar playing is very good, but this ain't axe hero stuff (he had enough with Malmsteen for a livetime), is very balanced, very well done music a bit more prog oriented like Fang said than its predecessors.
Jorn was horrible with Yngwie. I saw them on tour with Dio and Doro. It's not Jorn's fault as Yngwie has had more singers than I do pairs of underwear (not really) so having to sing like Soto, Boals, Vascera, Turner and all others I am leaving out is a pretty tough task, but I really liked Ark "Burn the Sun. Didn't care for his last solo album though. Maybe with JV and Stian, the newer prog style will be more for me.

Bryant