Are you a metal expert?

I thought this was a funny read but I do think that tuffguy conclusion was dumb. Yea bro beat up dorks over music and you will be so cool! I also don't agree that they don't care about genre. Metal nerds care more about genre than anyone else in existence, which is why they will fight to the death over whether early Destruction is black metal or thrash metal.

That's one of my favorite sites for entertainment value. It helps if you understand he's being tongue in cheek. I disagree with a lot of the violations but I still got a good laugh reading about them.

Very good point, Tycho...some people just take shit way too seriously...

Kinda funny there, AS...kinda thought about you when I read it...ha! So...which side of the Destruction debate are you on?

Rock on!

Best paragraph in the blog:

"X Band isn't X Genre, they are XYZ Genre..." - Theses buttpipes are notorious for sparking genre debates, which we have already covered as one of the most unmetal conversations you can take part in. It really doesn't matter how said band is classified anywhere else on the planet. The only genre classification that matters to a metal expert is his own personal classification of a band's style, which he constructs from his own expert opinion. More often than not, it's a scattered mix of genre names smashed together in a juvenile attempt to explain a sound he doesn't actually understand. For instance, Dissection can't be just "black metal", or god forbid, just "Dissection".