are you a warrior?

We don't.

Personally, I'm troubled that people need such an awful security blanket in the first place, and then the fact that so many people like this use it as a stepladder to feel superior towards 'the dark side' of their own making is not only a neurological disorder, it has very serious consequences for just about everyone who isn't this looney. I don't see how it brings out the worst in us when atheists are speaking on a public forum about serious problems that have had serious repercussions for atheists the world over - it would be one thing if it were just the laws against us holding public office in several states, or the Christianization of social programs everywhere that has had horrible effects on both, or the nationwide bias making us the most mistrusted minority in the US, but when people like myself are facing death threats because of fucks like this and their fight against their horrible distortion of evil, I think we get to lash out a bit. There's no hatred for the everyday Christian when said Christian can actually behave and contribute to society, but I think we can reserve the right to respond to the people like this who simply do some of the most disgusting things in the name of their misguided 'morality' (just read the history of that religion and tell me they're fucking moral and that they should be held in high regard in that respect) and then totally fuck over the people not like them not on the grounds that they've shown themselves to be evil or immoral but because they're not like them. If the 'absolute worst in 'atheists'' is responding to the shit that tries to make us inhuman and take away our rights, then I must say that it's better than the 'absolute worst' in the finest of so-called Christians.

And no, I never have [EDIT: Eaten corn and nuts from people's shit], and I agree - hence the statement. The Bible is one of the most disgusting things passed off as a source of goodness and morality (just read the fucker!), so getting morals from the thing that says kill women for infidelity, children for insubordination, and anyone for believing differently (and shows it being done in as many places as the Bible does) is just that.

Jeff

this thread make me think that satan is mighty! :lol:

And Jeff expressed what atheists think and face in day to day life.
And the bible says fucking stupid things that force people to do horibble things, crusades, persecutions (orthodox russians did in the 1700s really hideous murders to non believers in what today know as Ukraine). They also want to ban contraception, and not make the day after bill over the counter.
christianity is as bad as muslim fanatics and satanic fanatics.
and i don't hate christians that are NORMAL. for example my grandma goes to an orthodox church every sunday, but she is ok with me being an atheist (and frankly she married one, my granpa who is an atheist too).

Indeed, there are very evil people in every religion and in politics, even in
everyday life.
Its sad when people's reality depends on what someone else tells them
or on what they read, or what their leaders tell them.
The evil consequences brought about by fanatics and power hungry leaders
of religion does not necessarily make the religious text itself false or evil.
It is unfortunate that followers have committed these heinous acts, but this
can be blamed mostly on the religious (or even Political) leaders that mislead
their followers.
The New Testament does not tell its followers to kill for infidelity, or for any other reason. The U.S. Constitution does not tell Americans to do this either!

I understand your point, Jeff. Religion should be separate from Gov't and should never lead to violence.
I think maybe your view of The Bible is somewhat unfounded since you seem
to concentrate on how people have misinterpreted it and not on what it actually says.
The World is definitely insane, I think we can all agree on that!

My view on the Bible comes from having read the thing. Things it says about touchy topics like...

Rape:
If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.... If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her. (Deuteronomy 22:23-4, 28-9)

Slavery and Racism:
However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-6)

Murder:
Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12)

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst. Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:7-19)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15)

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17)

All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. If a man commits adultery with another man and his wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:9-10)

Fucker, tell me that isn't pretty horrible. Then keep in mind that the main character of the New Testament, said that he did not come to overturn the law. Also keep in mind the whole "I came not to bring peace but a sword" bit. Now tell me that thinking the thing is downright demented is a 'misinterpretation' - how do I interpret cute cuddly bunnies and other happy fun stuff when you give me shit like what's up there? Go ahead and count, just for me, the number of people YHWH kills or gives orders to kill. That number doesn't have too many different interpretations. I know it's easy to assume that people who don't believe in the thing are 'misinterpreting it', but a tremendous chunk of atheists are atheists because they read the bloody book. It's revolting on the surface, but whatever you can do to make that worthy of worship is probably the worst thing that one could wish on another's mind (just look on YouTube for the video of the guy who explains dinosaurs as 'exploding lizards' to counter those who 'take the Bible away from you' by 'causing doubt' in it) and this is just not a good way to make a society work, period.

There are much less crazy places out there, and I don't see how religion is making us any more sane. This whole criticizing religion thing may be 'the worst in atheists', but it's made just about everywhere else a lot better.

Jeff

that is a good idea!
I think everyone who plays guitar should try to express their feelings about religion, politics and various other stuff through music too, not only words. Sometimes a good solo can say more than a thousand words.
*goes and practices*

You should never underestimate the power of the dark side.

popeatine9yl.gif

Yeah, Emperor Popeatine is pretty creepy - I remember when JPII died (couldn't avoid it, I was at a Catholic school) and I was the one saying the next pope should be a fucking robot. Every word that comes out of his mouth makes me wish for it even more... except for the part where I like robots too much to wish Catholicism on them.

Jeff