Are you sittind down Zod? Pain of Salvation news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Pain of Salvation lifting their embargo on USA

We congratulate the people of USA on the Inauguration of their new President. We have waited for this day a long time, as have most of the world. Obama continually strikes us as the bravest and most promising US president that modern times have seen, and we nod our heads in agreement and respect for some of the things he expressed in his speech. Thus, with Barack Obama, in that very speech, offering an open hand to those willing to unclench their fists, Pain of Salvation will be first in line to offer our unclenching.

To be honest, I (Daniel) see nothing but relentless hard work and perils for him walking down this road. But I see no one more brave or better fit to try. I put my fate in the warm and intelligent eyes of this man, and hope to see his spirit unbroken by the heavy machinery that is modern US politics. If he can’t, then I don’t see who would. I count on you Obama, to do right by the world.

We are still in awe of the Democrats’ boldness of having one woman and one black man as their candidates, and of the people of America for electing Obama; A president who advocates global relations and communications before war, solar and wind power before oil, public rights before corporative rights, freedom before security - and who promises to shut down the Guantanamo base within a year. A man who has the guts to demand political transparency of the US government.

Therefore, let it be known that on the 20th of January 2009, after almost five years, Pain of Salvation are officially lifting their political embargo on USA. Our position on border control finger print scanning remains unchanged, and we will keep fighting against it and do what we can to oppose and fight it; but today we see an American nation of hope and want of change, and good should be met with good. Hence, we reach out to accept your hand. Not unconditionally, because real love is demanding: something to work on every day. But with our deepest and most sincere hope for a new start.

Pain of Salvation are the ONLY band in the history of the festival to perform an all request set. I have not come close to talking any other band into that.

They will always have my respect for that reason alone.

Awesome. Showcase please ;)

I just can't wait to see them in some way or another, at some time in the future.

Gee, we should all feel honored they have lifted their personal embargo on the US and their fans here. Ugh. While I respect them for their talent musically, I find them hopelessly mired in their own ideology. Can't help it, this statement just comes across and pompous and self-glorifying to me.

I put my fate in the warm and intelligent eyes of this man, and hope to see his spirit unbroken by the heavy machinery that is modern US politics. If he can’t, then I don’t see who would. I count on you Obama, to do right by the world.
Oh lord, give me a break. While I have been accused of being a bit cynical at times, I'm not putting my fate in the warm, intelligent eyes of anyone until I see what they can actually do. And that includes politicians. :lol:

Can't wait till they're announced as the Showcase headliner! :lol:

Oh lord, give me a break. While I have been accused of being a bit cynical at times, I'm not putting my fate in the warm, intelligent eyes of anyone until I see what they can actually do. And that includes politicians. :lol:

Haven't you heard? He's already the greatest US president according to his kool-aid drinkers.

I'm rather tempted to make an animated gifs of the Mount Rushmore presidents' eyes rolling.

Few quick thoughts on this:

1) I love PoS's first four albums, and am marginally fond of "Scarsick". "Remedy Lane" and "Perfect Element" are brilliant albums, and will always hold a special place for me.

2) Pardon me for not doing cartwheels that America's elected president has officially received the thumbs up from a Swedish (?) musician!

3) Why is it that every entertainer with a platform feels the need to ramble on about their political leanings, when in fact most of them have little or no understanding of any of the actual issues? (This really applies more to the Leo DiCaprios and Sean Penns of the world. Gildenlow at least makes an effort to be informed, although living a third of a world away certainly does not qualify him to be an expert on American politics.)

Stick to the music, and leave the politics aside.

I love political debates -- but within my own family. We get into great discussions about Bush and Obama. But as a Ron Paul Independent, I hold both parties in contempt. I think they're both dangerous.

Pain of Salvation's music is challenging and occasionally interesting. But Daniel's comments are highly insulting and incredibly boorish.

I could write a lot more because Daniel's superior attitude greatly angers me. But I represent ProgPower USA and I try conduct myself with professionalism so as not to reflect badly on this grand metal fest.

Suffice to say I wish he'd keep his political B.S. to himself -- and his band safely ensconced in Sweden so that the U.S. doesn't taint him.

Status
Not open for further replies.