Are your surprised? Mike Portnoy leaves Adrenaline Mob...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
A Message From Mike Portnoy:

It saddens me to announce that the 4 upcoming shows in Latin America this month supporting Halestorm will be my last with Adrenaline Mob.

Unfortunately, I have scheduling conflicts that prevent me from being able to fully commit to the band's future activities at the moment.

As I cannot be in two places at the same time, I don't want to hold them back and have to wait for my schedule to re-open up to resume activity.

I'm very proud of what we started together and the music we made over the past two years and I wish the guys all the best in the future.

Mike seems to be that guy who goes to a buffet and loads his plate with enough food for a small nation and then realises he can only eat 1/8 of what he grabbed! Lol. Anyhow i'm sure he will find another project besides the other projects he has to load that plate right up again.

I though Adrenaline Mob was his primary project. How does he not have time for his primary project? As Milt said, Adrenaline Mob sucked, so it's no great shakes if the band fades away.

Band sucked. having said that, Mike needs to be realistic about his career. He seems to have musical ADD and can't commit to everything he's involved with. He truly needs a main band again and to not be involved in so many other projects unless they're studio only bands.

Band sucked. having said that, Mike needs to be realistic about his career. He seems to have musical ADD and can't commit to everything he's involved with. He truly needs a main band again and to not be involved in so many other projects unless they're studio only bands.

Yeah. He's had WAY too many projects going on at the same time. First that lead to his departure from Dream Theater and now this. Note to anyone who wants Mike Portnoy to be involved in their project - expect a short term commitment so you can get some initial publicity but don't expect a long term commitment. Unless there is a Dream Theater reunion, I don't see Mike playing on an album for any band more than once (maybe twice).

The band is awesome. Don't judge them by the CD, live they are 100X better. And that covers EP is killer. No big loss without Portnoy. Until Russell Allen leaves they will be alright.

The band is awesome. Don't judge them by the CD, live they are 100X better. And that covers EP is killer. No big loss without Portnoy. Until Russell Allen leaves they will be alright.

Oh, they put on a helluva show live, and that covers EP is fun, but their original material is tired and completely forgettable.

Oh, they put on a helluva show live, and that covers EP is fun, but their original material is tired and completely forgettable.

Never had the chance to see them live, the covers are cool, but from the album, there is some good stuff among the crap, like Indifferent, All On The Line, Undaunted and Come Undone (I know, another cover...).
So, I enjoy 3 originals and one cover from Omerta...The band doesn't totally suck...:devil:

i agree, they don't completely suck. Allen carries them with his voice, but they are far from the fields of " true suck"
Agreed. They're not completely awful. However, with the players who were originally involved, I would have expected something of a higher caliber. It just comes across feeling like something they didn't put a lot of effort into.

That was awesome. And I love that they rate albums on a Grimmett scale. :worship:

Agreed. I mean, I don't agree with the review, and I actually enjoyed the album (and their live shows), but I agree that the review and the Grimmett rating scale are awessome. :D

I am betting Mike is regretting leaving Dream Theater, not that they would take him back at this point.