Are your surprised? Mike Portnoy leaves Adrenaline Mob...

MIKE PORTNOY - STATE OF THE UNION ADDRESS June 2013

"...But as I've previously stated, I have other things immediately approaching on my calendar...and unfortunately I cannot ask them (Adrenaline Mob) to "wait around" for my schedule to re-open if they choose to continue working right now...that is their prerogative...I get that and I totally understand it. I wish them the best no matter how it all plays out in the future..
On the other hand, I cannot be "exclusive" to them at the moment as I have many other bands/projects that also require my time and attention as well...(most immediately, THE WINERY DOGS World Tour that kicks off next month...)
Just to clarify for some people who still don't seem to understand it: I always said from Day 1 after leaving Dream Theater, that I was going to spend a few years "planting many musical seeds"...and that's what I'm still currently enjoying doing.
I spent 25 years focused on ONE band and at the moment I am still enjoying my freedom to explore many different musical, creative and personal environments with so many incredible musicians and different musical directions.
Perhaps someday I will settle down again with ONLY one band...maybe it will be with one of the ones I'm currently in...? Or maybe with something entirely different...? Or maybe I won't at all...who knows? The future is impossible to predict...there is ONLY THE NOW...and that's how I'm living...."

Check the link above for full statement... alternative link for those without Facebook