Ark

Theandromedastrain

eyeloveprog(Ben)
Sep 25, 2005
NJ
www.myspace.com
I just got into the band Ark w/ Jorn. I have thier album "burn the sun" and it's amazing! I just wanted to know if they will ever have a new album? Because "Burn the Sun" was made in 2001 and they haven't had a new one yet : /. My fav. song is "resurrection" and "heal the waters":headbang:

The band broke up a year or two after Burn The Sun. I remember reading at the time about some internal problems between band members, but I'm not sure as to the whole story. Obviously, you never know for certain what could happen in the future, in terms of reunions or whatever, but at present, the band does not exist, and the members are doing various other things.

It's by far Jorn's Best Work!

I don't care if they come back or not, as long as Tore Ostby puts out some new music! Can be under whatever name he wants, I just need some new stuff from him.. Everything he is involved is gold.

Angrafan said:

I don't care if they come back or not, as long as Tore Ostby puts out some new music! Can be under whatever name he wants, I just need some new stuff from him.. Everything he is involved is gold.

As well as everything you say about his stuff is biased. :lol::lol::lol:

Angrafan said:

I agree 10000% on all counts (except that I DO care if Ark comes back...I'd kill for more Ark!).

I love Jorn's voice, but haven't loved most of his other stuff (the Allen/Lande was pretty cool, though, and his solo discs are pretty good...the other stuff is "OK, but not my thing").

Tore is a brilliant guitarist, has a truly unique style, a great sense of melody (sorely lacking in many other guitarists), and he seems to be a helluva nice guy, too.

Anyone know what he's working on these days? He told me at PP6 that he's probably going to be working with DC Cooper on his next solo disc...anyone know of any other Tore projects in the works?

Sumeet said:
The band broke up a year or two after Burn The Sun. I remember reading at the time about some internal problems between band members, but I'm not sure as to the whole story. Obviously, you never know for certain what could happen in the future, in terms of reunions or whatever, but at present, the band does not exist, and the members are doing various other things.

As an interesting side note, the opening act (at least in Europe) on the Ark tour they self destructed during, was Freak Kitchen......

J-Dubya

sccaldwell said:
I agree 10000% on all counts (except that I DO care if Ark comes back...I'd kill for more Ark!).

I love Jorn's voice, but haven't loved most of his other stuff (the Allen/Lande was pretty cool, though, and his solo discs are pretty good...the other stuff is "OK, but not my thing").

Tore is a brilliant guitarist, has a truly unique style, a great sense of melody (sorely lacking in many other guitarists), and he seems to be a helluva nice guy, too.

Anyone know what he's working on these days? He told me at PP6 that he's probably going to be working with DC Cooper on his next solo disc...anyone know of any other Tore projects in the works?

I totally agree! IMO he is by far the best metal guitarrist around, nobody gets even close! :)

I'd love to hear news from his projects as well...