Arkhon Infaustus

Alongside Death

On The Descent To Hell
Oct 9, 2005
I am curious if anyone out here besides Zephyrus bought some of their albums. If someone did then please post your opinion about them because I want to check out if they are a well known band here. IMO Arkhon Infaustus are the best french metal band ever and I wouldn't be suprised if they would become a blackened death metal icon. Their new album "Orthodoxyn" is absolutely great. One more thing I wanted to say about them is that I hope they will not get as famous as Behemoth. Maybe anybody had seen them live? I know that they toured with Vader. I hope they'll do it once again, so Vader can come with them to Poland.

Killer band. Perdition Insanabilis is a real rocker. I plan on ordering Orthodoxyn very soon. Arkhon Infaustus represent what I look for in blackened death metal: brutality, combined with an atmosphere of liquid evil.

"Maybe anybody had seen them live?"

not live but I chat with them everyday. the problem with most of these "new" french albums... they tend to sounds the same (ArkhonInfaustus,Merrimack,GloriorBelli,Vorkreist,BlissOfFlesh,BlackGod,HellMilitia,Antaeus)

I read couple of interviews with Torturer and he said they have kind of disturbing stage scenery that some people can't stand. After reading those interviews I doubt that AI can give gigs in Poland.

not live but I chat with them everyday. the problem with most of these "new" french albums... they tend to sounds the same (ArkhonInfaustus,Merrimack,GloriorBelli,Vorkreist,BlissOfFlesh,BlackGod,HellMilitia,Antaeus)

The French scene is at both flowing with talent and being very monotone.

Every AI album was different, every new album was an improvement, maybe Orthodoxyn is not a huge improvement but it is still great. It isn't a huge improvement because Perdition Insanabilis was also a killer album. French metal scene is a little weak but Arkhon Infaustus defenitly belongs to its talented, not monotone part.

Had their new album downloaded, but since reading this thread I decided to actually listen to it which I am currently doing right now...and this sounds great actually!

Come to think of it when I looked them up on metal-archives. I remember listening to them a few years ago.

Now I've heard it all: The French scene is weak, and Arkhon Infaustus is the best. :lol:

Arkhon Infaustus is pretty good as far as blackened death goes, and for me that is not very far at all. I enjoy Orthodoxyn an acceptable amount, I have even listened to it all the way through which is a rarity for this type of music.

And the French scene... I can think of 5+ albums right now from this year that are better than AI from France.

Sacrificia Mortuorum
Nocturnal Depression
Peste Noire
Obscurus Advocam
Celestia
Deathspell Omega

They're good for a couple listens every now and then, but they suffer from the same problem that a majority of blackened death has; they try to straddle being both brutal and atmospheric, yet come up short in both

They're good for a couple listens every now and then, but they suffer from the same problem that a majority of blackened death has; they try to straddle being both brutal and atmospheric, yet come up short in both

I disagree ofcourse. AI are not trying, I mean consider that Torturer said in one of the reviews that they signed up with Osmose records because Osmose gave them no limits. So IMO AI do not kill themselves to be both brutal and atmospheric.

I also wanted to ask if anybody had their hands on Arkhon Infaustus EP called "Annunciation"? It was released few days before the premiere of "Orthodoxyn". I'll probably try to order it but it is probably hardly available.