Arm Wrestling

Su Jacko

Jul 12, 2003
Liverpool
Visit site
I have noticed a trend, amongst my friends and work people, for arm wrestling, when we go out for a drink. At some point, somebody will lay down the challenge. I also saw this in Bowness, in the lake District. It was, however, a group of newly qualified teachers, in suits and all, arm wrestling over plastic tables that kept just breaking. They were shouting, 'who's the man' and that... :erk:
Thoughts on wrestling and other pub games. Any other strange traditions.
Really only a man's man like Richard Harris or Richard Burton should attempt it..perhaps a cheeky David Niven in his day?

your man had a cap, and everytime hed turn it the wrong way hed get on super power mode and beat everyone. i was dead impressed when i was 8 or something.

I could see how the arm wrestling may escalate into a terrifying series of events ending in, what can only be described, as the fire side scene in DH Lawrences, 'women in love', alan bates and ollie reed in the all-together......

Su Jacko said:
I could see how the arm wrestling may escalate into a terrifying series of events ending in, what can only be described, as the fire side scene in DH Lawrences, 'women in love', alan bates and ollie reed in the all-together......

You watch such films??? o_O

I want to arm wrestle with Bambi. :yell: I'll be Alan Bates all right.