ARMORED FUCKING SAINT

SonOfNun

Bill Ward's Red Pants
Oct 21, 2003
The Southland
sonofnun7.wordpress.com
So, I have Revelation on tape and I listen to it in my truck everyday now that my adapter broke (I'm that fucking high-tech) and it owns me all over the place and has for a very long time. DIRT ROAD THRASHIN MADNESS when I listen to this. Anyway, recommend me some music that falls in this vein of clean vocal, old-skool rockin', guitar flashery badassness. Obviously I'm going to pick up more of their stuff, but give me anything that sounds remotely similar to said album and that makes excellent driving music.

I love Armored Saint. Hugely underrated. Although truthfully, Revelation is easily my least favorite. Pick up one of their first three--I'd go for Delirious Nomad. Pharaoh's The Longest Night is the best traditional album I've heard in some time, I started a thread on it, and you'll find a link to stream stuff from the album.

Opeth17 said:
old-skool rockin', guitar flashery badassness.

excellent driving music.

I've never equated doom metal with either of these things, what are you trying to pull on me?:D Granted I don't have much experience with that form of music, but it better not be the boringness I'd expect.:loco:

I'll look into those suggestions Eminor.:kickass:

Eminor said:
You like Against Nature too?

Of course I do. :headbang: Appease and Panoply rule. Although, it lacks the passion that Revelation put forth. Hard to explain but w/e. Seems very "lazy" and more jazzy but still fucking rules more than 95% of other shit.

I'd recommend the first 2 Armored Saint albums, and then "Symbol Of Salvation". My favourite is definetally "March Of The Saint".
Armored Saint are responsible for one of the best shows i have ever seen. It was in their tour for "Revelation" - they played here with Brainstorm in a venue with capacity of 400 people, probably 500 were in the club. They had a LOUD and crystal clear sound, and they were incredibly passionate on stage, Bush is a MADMAN, the stage was too small for him, so he was entering the pit, singing and moshing simultaneously among the crowd. The guy is M-E-T-A-L as few, Gonzo was a beast, and the other guys were enjoying the whole thing like they were teenagers playing one of their first gigs. Unbelievable experience. If you ever have the opportunity to see them live, don't you dare to miss it.

Holy crap Revelation is a shit album.

Basically March of the Saint is decent, but man it sounds dated. I dunno, for someone who loved the "classics" from the '80s, Armored Saint never did anything for me.

it must also be said how much better Bush fits in a more traditional metal band like AS, as opposed to Anthrax