Armored Saint..its 1987 all over again...

Starting to feel kind of bummed that I missed their set. Though admittedly, I only knew one song by them and wanted to do some socializing instead... :/

Starting to feel kind of bummed that I missed their set. Though admittedly, I only knew one song by them and wanted to do some socializing instead... :/

cartman_lame-1046.jpg

What? I thought his vocals were as strong as ever, and maybe even more powerful than in 1985... Bush totally ruled, as did the rest of the band. Killer set.

I wasn't slamming the man! I love Armored Saint now as much as I ever did, and I did say The Saint was great and the set list was almost perfect. I think they were one of the top 3 bands of the fest. I just thought Bush didn't replicate his vocals as well live as on the records. I was also wearing heavy duty earplugs for the first time and was standing stage right near the heart thumping bass cabinets for a period of time. You guys all said he sounded great. Maybe I was wrong. Sorry. But then again, the same people say Dickinson still sounds as great as he ever did. Its the timbre of the voice as they get older, maybe a slight change, but noticeable. I guess I'm too critical of these older bands because they are not what they once were, even if they are still great.
Commence the slamfest...

I LOVE Armored Saint, but I had to get out of the stage area itself after three songs because the floor was so disgusting with spilled beer. But Greg/Zod yanked open the side door down by the autograph table when Reign of Fire came on so we could air-guitar and sing. :kickass: