Armoured Saint In Glasgow

Jockthrax said:
Thats not bad at all considering there has been little advertising yet... Lots of Thrax fans will be looking for tickets if the stick this in the paper..

its got 5 months so i think it will sell out givin the right advertising. then hopefully a move to the garage or qmu

Ordered a couple this morning :D :D #51 & #52 according to the website. Not bad, considering its been through word of mouth, rather than real promotion. And they’ve only been on sale for a couple of days now.

I don't understand how any halfway decent individaul can fuck up promotion in this day and age. With the internet and all it has to offer. Or do it the old fashioned way flyer up the whole town or get a few radio adds.

It's easily done in scotland unless your mainstream forget it. When helloween played it was only 3 quaters full & they had been on sale for around 3/4 of a year. No promotion was made really either so its all down too word of mouth really

What album should i buy of armoured saint i have none & solely bought a ticket on the power of john bush & Vera

I only got one Saint album, Raising Fear and it's ancient and on vinyl. I think I might try to get to this gig tho to see Bush again tho.

Rise said:
What album should i buy of armoured saint i have none & solely bought a ticket on the power of john bush & Vera

Get yourself Symbol of Salvation (I got 3 copies!!!) and Revelation - they made up about 3/4 of the set in 2000. If you can find it you should also try to get Delerious Nomad too. They're the best 3 albums IMO but you won't be disappointed with any of them.

Enjoy the show, I'm going to miss it cos of my honeymoon :cry:

PS Nod to the Old School is mostly unreleased demos and the like, so it's more for the completist than a new listener.

Warlord said:
Get yourself Symbol of Salvation (I got 3 copies!!!) and Revelation - they made up about 3/4 of the set in 2000. If you can find it you should also try to get Delerious Nomad too. They're the best 3 albums IMO but you won't be disappointed with any of them.

Enjoy the show, I'm going to miss it cos of my honeymoon :cry:

PS Nod to the Old School is mostly unreleased demos and the like, so it's more for the completist than a new listener.

Symbol is a great album, I managed to get a box set with Nod to the Old School and Revelation off Amazon uk for about 9 quid last week. :headbang:

Gibba said:
I'm pretty shocked that Exodus pulled so few people. Was the gig a last minute thing or badly promoted?
I knew about it, but I couldn't be arsed going since I didn't like the new album and had little interest in seeing Gary Holt+4 (even if 2 of them are excellent at what they do) performing a bunch of songs done by what was essentially a different band.

I should be going to this gig though - good ol's school US Power Metal.