What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
XOCOOOROOSROSOOREOROEOEOSOSOEOE
I:IEIIIWIIRIWEIIRIRIIIEIIWIRSDISSS
WHIWKSEY
whatever

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/television_fox_dc

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - After several weeks of negotiations, Fox Broadcasting Co. has sealed a deal to bring back real-time political thriller "24" for two more seasons.

The network has also given a last-minute renewal to reigning best-comedy Emmy winner "Arrested Development," which has been on the bubble since the network cut back the show's second-season order in the spring because of underwhelming ratings.

Both shows are produced by Fox's News Corp. sibling, 20th Century Fox TV, and Imagine TV, the small-screen arm of Ron Howard and Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment.

While there has been a lot of buzz about "Arrested Development" getting a short order for next season, Fox's decision to pick up a full-season, 22-episode order of the quirky series, comes as somewhat of a surprise.

"'Arrested Development' is one of the best comedies on television," Fox's recently appointed entertainment president Peter Liguori said. "The decision to order another season becomes easy when you consider its amazing cast, creative brilliance, critical acclaim and advertiser appeal."

In addition to its returning series, Fox, which will announce its fall schedule Thursday at City Center Theater, will present to advertisers its new shows for next season, the comedies "Kitchen Confidential" and "The War at Home" and the dramas "Reunion," "Head Cases," "Bones" and "Deviant Behavior."

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

:D :D :D
heard it earlier from an acquaintance.

I love that show... and George Michael. Franklin!!!!!!

When it first came out, I made a mental note to watch it. Never did. By the time I started to hear the buzz about it, I didn't want to pick it up mid-stream. I just ordered the first season from NetFlix. Curious what all the hype is about.

Zod

Arrested Development Dies!!!

2 hour Series finally tonight. Fox decided to just shove the remaining episodes all out at once. Seeing as ratings would be shit anyways, due to the Winter Games. Supposedly the Showtime deal has fallen through aswell. So much for the bluth's! :(

Peter: Everybody I've got bad news. We've been cancelled.

Lois: Oh no Peter! How could they do that?

Peter: Well unfortuantely Lois, there's just no more room on the schedule. We just gotta accept the fact that FOX has to make room for terrific shows like Dark Angel, Titus, Undeclared, Action, That 80's Show, Wonder Falls, Fast Lane, Andy Richter Controls The Universe, Skin, Girl's Club, Cracking Up, The Pitts, Firefly, Get Real, Freaky Links, Wanda At Large, Costello, The Lone Gunman, A Minute with Stan Hooper, Normal Ohio, Pasadena, Harsh Realm, Keen Eddy, The Street, American Embassy, Cedric The Entertainer, The Tick, Louie, And Greg The Bunny....

Lois: Is there no hope?

Peter: Well I suppose if ALL those shows go down the tubes we might have a shot.

i suppose i'll have to rent the dvds or something because i'm not getting cable just to watch it on showtime

While I'm NEVER glad about anything going to cable because I'll never pay for that shit, that is good news. They deserve to be on a channel that doesn't censor them (or at least not a lot).

Hooray for DVDs!

Two episodes in, still the same Arrested Development, minus the funnay. Storyline wise it's smart to do individual arcs to explain what the characters have been up to, but all the chemistry of the show was centered on the familial interaction. I'm hoping the burners get turned up later on.

Yeah, I'm getting a little tired of each episode focusing mainly on one character. On Buster's episode now, though. This should be good. :loco:

I still remember the joy of accidentally stumbling upon this show on the day it first premiered many moons ago. Laughed a LOT that first episode. I was hooked.

I've watched the first two episodes of S4. Awful. I suspect Gob and Buster are really the only two characters that can potentially hold their own in a "focus on" type scenario. We'll see if that actually proves true.

I'm 3 eps, finally laughed twice at some Ron Howard narration in Lyndsey's ep. Of course is was something racy that brought out the guffaw. I'm wondering if the separation of characters has to do with the actors being tied up with other projects?