Arryan Path - Terra Incognita (2010)

Orfanos

Apr 19, 2005
Greece
15553.jpg

As I saw that there's interest in power metal coming from the beautiful island of Cyprus, I think that you guys (and gals) have to give a chance to Arryan Path.

Yes, I understand that the band's moniker may cause speculation, but Arryan Path's songs don't have any deal with Nazism or something like that.

They play top quality power metal and they are recommended to everyone on this forum. Tunes like "Cassiopeia" (with the guest appearance of ex-Sanvoisen singer, Vagelis Maranis, who also made the production and the mix of the album) and "Minas Tirith" are some of the best power metal songs I have listened for many years.

You can check two of their new tunes here: http://www.myspace.com/arryanpath

I think the name has really hurt this band. They have been around for awhile now. Although I get the meaning of the name and know it is not necessarily associated with... Sadly that will always be the assumption. At first glance one might think it is an Oi hardcore band, I'm sure there is on under this moniker.

Here's the lead singer of Arryan Path (from their web site):

l_8887015597c04ff38acdab7789affd8c.jpg

Seriously... was Mein Führer taken?

Jokes aside, the two songs on their MySpace are quite good. I'm definitely going to check out the disc. Thanks for the recommendation.

Zod

lol, we'd be better off if the "appropriate" hand for the Nazi salute had been completely forgotten.

I have to agree about the band-name. In a musical world where first impressions are critical, you can't afford to lose that first chance to something as insidious as accidental association.

I remember back in the day when Superior, from Germany, sometimes had to address similar "superior race" concerns. :rolleyes:

lol, we'd be better off if the "appropriate" hand for the Nazi salute had been completely forgotten.

I have to agree about the band-name. In a musical world where first impressions are critical, you can't afford to lose that first chance to something as insidious as accidental association.

I remember back in the day when Superior, from Germany, sometimes had to address similar "superior race" concerns. :rolleyes:

I agree for the most part Sir. But if we forget we are in danger of repeating history. Remember the Alamo and stuff like that.

Here's the lead singer of Arryan Path (from their web site):

l_8887015597c04ff38acdab7789affd8c.jpg

Seriously... was Mein Führer taken?

Jokes aside, the two songs on their MySpace are quite good. I'm definitely going to check out the disc. Thanks for the recommendation.

Zod

Yeah but the guy is pointing in the air, he's not doing the flat hand in the air thing. You know how many lead singers in bands do that exact motion? Still though, as others have said they really need a different band name.

Good stuff. To me, it sort of sounds like a mix of power metal and old school doom.

Wrong "HAND". The solute is with the right hand.
Yeah but the guy is pointing in the air, he's not doing the flat hand in the air thing. You know how many lead singers in bands do that exact motion?

I thought it was obvious that I was posting that picture as a joke. I didn't really think they'd post a picture of their lead singer giving a Nazi salute on their MySpace page.

I thought it was obvious that I was posting that picture as a joke. I don't think they'd post a picture of their lead singer giving a Nazi salute on their MySpace page.

Gotcha. Hard to tell sometimes with online quotes. Plus, I was only awake for about 10 minutes when I initially commented. Haha.