1. Death in Fire
2. Last with Pagan blood
3. For the Stabwounds in our backs
4. Where Silent Gods Stand Guard
5. Masters of War
6. Versus the World

thats it.

Well shit that is IT, sucks

...but hey, thanks a lot. I hope they change the playlist a bit and add a song or five by the time they come to Chicago. Looks like our voting went down the shitter or perhaps on the first few dates they're playing what they're confident with.

So how was the show, bands, turn out, etc.? How much were the tixs.

Sorry I didn't post a more in depth summary of the concert, but I posted that as soon as I got home and I was extremely tired so I went to sleep.

The turnout was OK. Tickets were 22 bucks, which is way too much for a metal show in my mind, but its the damn club it was at, they love overcharging.

Goatwhore came on first and I didn't like them too much, I felt they didn't pull of the whole "clean vocal" thing too well.
Amon Amarth came on and they were good, they cut out the synchronized headbanging, which I think lets them focus more on the music. The crowd got into their set a lot, but not much moshing occured.
Next was Vader who was mediocre in my mind. The only song of theirs I liked was "Nomad" or something like that.
Kreater played a pretty long set, 45 minutes or so, while all the previous bands had 30 minutes. I dont' like Kreator at all, but it seems a lot of the crowd came to see them and there was good moshing action going on and the crowd loved them.
Nile was really good, but quite a few people left after Kreator. Nile had a one hour set or so, including Unas Slayer of the Gods, which I really hoped they would play. They played a good clean set and there was a lotta emotion going from the lead singer/bass player into the crowd.

One thing that made me mad was that Amon Amarth was not selling any t-shirts made for this tour. They had one that had "Amon Amarth" on the front and "Viking" on the back in letters that were on fire. Another shirt was pretty sweet, but the tour dates on the back were for some Versus the World tour 2003 with may dates on it. I wasn't aware they were on tour at this time, since I saw them on apparently a different tour in April 2003.

"Amon Amarth came on and they were good, they cut out the synchronized headbanging, which I think lets them focus more on the music."

Yah, I think it would be pretty tough to headbang and really get into it during their first show considering they probably went on around 10, which is around 4 or 5 in the morning in Sweden. I just hope they have recovered from some of the jet lag by tomorrow night.

yeah swedes hjave a weir dcal calcutlating system cause imj too drunk to read in between lines and thus its all danish aquavit haaaah slka det skåååååålas

nooooooooooooooooooo probelm dude we're drunk her due oin beer evnthough i gto best up beart up theres such a hard ci cl climazte ij this country FUCK X FUCK SWEWDEJN !

Versus the World is the last song they do?!?! They really should replace that with Thousand Years Of Oppression. THAT WOULD SOUND KILLER LIVE! Versus the World is ok song to me I skip it most of the time and go straight to Thousand Years on my player. Damn Goatwhore FUCK OFF!!
AA really needs to do a US headling tour so they can do about 10 or 11 songs.

Hell yeah that would even be better the Versus the World. I mean i'm srry Versus the World is just a song u do not end a set with it doesn't have enough climax to it. Heck u think they'd end with Death In Fire. That has the climax to end a set. I do say this we wont have to wait long for US headlining tour 1 to 2 years top. Then we will get the set we want.

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
Damn Goatwhore FUCK OFF!!
AA really needs to do a US headling tour so they can do about 10 or 11 songs.
Goatwhore is one of the better american bm bands if you can call them that. I dig their style and how they mix everything. If anything Nile shouldn't play set that long. They know that majority of the people don't show up for them but other bands and yet they punish us with that looooooong set of noise. Oh well, it'll be a good time to hang out with people/bands arouind. As far as AA headlining tour I don't think it's going to happen, ever, at least not in US.

"Ve vant the money, Lebowski!"

Dude not even small venues? By the way srry bout that fuck off remark and shit, it was just venting anger when I saw that playlist. Goatwhore are pretty good they just should have picked a better name. I feel AA could sell out small clubs or venues in the US man. The more people that get into them and there are more everyday. Never give up hope dude.

Also I know this, if not a their own headlining tour they most certainly will have a CO HEADLINNING TOUR ONE DAY in the US. Like they'll be in Second to last to come on and the set list will be a lil bit bigger.

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
Dude not even small venues? By the way srry bout that fuck off remark and shit, it was just venting anger when I saw that playlist. Goatwhore are pretty good they just should have picked a better name. I feel AA could sell out small clubs or venues in the US man. The more people that get into them and there are more everyday. Never give up hope dude.
Talking here from experience. I've seen many shows since '92 with euro bands headlining and let me tell you something. It's not a good idea (with few exceptions) if all the opening bands are less popular ones which of course they would have to be. AA have toured in US as a headliner already and I don't think they would do it again if given opportunity. Then again I'm not them nor the label president so what do I know.

"Say, Dude, where is</STRONG> your car?"

i'm pretty sure though AA is pissed that they only can do 6 songs on this tour but maybe ur right but we will just have see. If they don't I guess i'm gonna have to fly to Sweden to see them headline a show if they don't do it here. I hear what u mean though man. lata.

LaSTofTHeViKIngs said:
i'm pretty sure though AA is pissed that they only can do 6 songs on this tour but maybe ur right but we will just have see. If they don't I guess i'm gonna have to fly to Sweden to see them headline a show if they don't do it here. I hear what u mean though man. lata.
It's better to do a six song set when fully rested and on full stomach than 10 song set while hungry 'cause you got $5 food allowance per day.

Catch my drift?

"Liam and me, we're gonna fuck you up..."

"Yeah, well, you know, that's your opinion, man..."