Artemisia's review on Impakte Magazine

Well, the first paragraph speaks of how Rob Van Der Loo, Sun Caged bassist, left, many wondered if the band would come back just as good, and they showed everyone by releasing their new album, Artemisia.

Second paragraph says the band used the same style that was on the album in 2003, with a great singer, Paul Adrian Villarreal. Also says Andre Vuurboom had seemed to be a bad James LaBrie (Dream Theater). They say that Artemisia is a metaphorical world created by the group where the hearts of the dead and the dreams of the living meet. Throughout the album, the lyrics involve us more and more, and the words join together with the fabulous riffs from Marcel Coenen. Also says he's getting into a John Petrucci (Dream Theater) or a Michael Romeo (Symphony X) sort of style. The album has a lot of talent, and speaks of the song Engelbert the Inchworm, which is a fun song, and Marcel Coenen starts his guitar piece, and Rene Kroon on the keyboard, with Roel Van Helden on the battery, and last, but not least, Roel Vink on bass, resulting to a beautiful piece of progressive metal and an instrumental of pure happiness lasting 4:36. With this simple and single song title, it turns into a beautiful style of instrumental and great technique, ending with a cry from Paul, with Rene and/or Marcel which reminds us strangely of a post-hardcore of Neurosis or Psyopus.

The new album of Sun Caged, which we've been waiting for, holds promises, by alternating titles bourrins with one or two mini ballades, making it possible to install in a theatrical way, the Dutches show an adventurous formations and the most talented as well as extremely musical for Progressive Metal. While waiting for the end of the next 'Paradise Lost' from the americans of Symphony X, Artemisia will certainly satisfy you.

Whewww... That took a long time. If anything doesn't really make sense, sorry, it's just, as you know, translating from language to language, sometimes things don't make sense for a certain one. But yeah, if you translate it in Babelfish, it isn't that bad, I used it to help me out a bit, but some words weren't translated properly. Hopefully everything makes sense!

Thanks a lot YsteJammer!

In fact you missed such little details, but you translate the most important things on my review, you did an awesome work indeed.

Hope Marcel understand my review now ;p
And thanks again YsteJammer ;)

Hey, yes I do !!

Though one thing: the last screams on Engelbert: that is NOT Paul doing that, it is Nick Hameury (Engine Of Pain) doing those, in the artwork it is stated as Nick hameury: The Voice of Engelbert :)

But thanks for the very nice review !!

Thanks a lot YsteJammer!

In fact you missed such little details, but you translate the most important things on my review, you did an awesome work indeed.

Hope Marcel understand my review now ;p
And thanks again YsteJammer ;)

You're very welcome, and thank you as well. =)

The Voice of Engelbert: Nick Hameury
Voice on Bloodlines: Lee Loveless
Voice on Departing Words: Amanda Loveless

Mea Culpa...I didn't pay attention. Thanks for the detail Marcel, i'll correct it later. And thanks again YsteJammer ;]