As I lay dying - an ocean between us recording...

Randall indeed. I also used that head and ultra XL module for the new kataklysm mix. I've used it on a few albums now actually, resurrections new one, "mistaken for dead" (as well as 5150) and the upcoming Evince debut record (there is a mix on their myspace that is all recto... the new ones are much better and coming soon)

The amp is killer, i actually have the lynch box version, the george lynch signature and 12 modules. The clean and non high gain modules are really useful and they are all over recent recordings from the studio. I actually find for some reason the amp works better for reamping than for actually tracking most of the time when it comes to high gain sounds. I know it sounds bizarre but its just worked out better that way so far...

i thought the guitars on this album were rediculas! first time i heard it in my mates car, my jaw dropped, the speaker excursion on the chugs really grip you lol Andy, you did a fucking awsome job of these guitars!

The whole album is mixed great, especially the drums. I love the drum sound and the actual drumming, so solid.

The guitar tone is probably one of my favorite guitar tones ever. The drums sound flawless too. Overall, probably one of my favorite mixes.

Super old thread bump, but was just checked this out recently to see how everything sounded (I don't like the band's music...) and the guitar tone on this album is fucking awesome. It's a little better than on Shadows Are Security album in my opinion. I like both mixes, but the An Ocean Between Us guitar tone slays...

Hmm. I dunno. An Ocean Between Us does not sound bad, and some of the material is really good, but it just doesn't sound as sharp as Shadows are Security. Then again I usually prefer Andy mixes to Colin's , but I guess it's all a matter of taste.

Before posting my question let me add a:OMG: ok on now.....

I know they're recording again and Adam D is producing once more. Any one heard anything on who may be mixing this? I'd love for Sneap to get another go, wasn't too crazy about Colin's mix (nothing wrong with it at all just didnt do it for me.) Although an Adam D mix could be pretty sweet too.

I don't know what they did in all those 60 days, but if they played 2 riff and for the other 7 hours they drinked beer, 60 days are acceptable.
Or probably they use 60 days because they also write the riffs before recording them...