As I Lay Dying - Frail Words Collapse

Steiner

Dyslexics Untie!
May 24, 2002
Rocklin, CA
www.google.com
A friend of mine recommended this album to me when I told him I was into Lamb of God. I downloaded a song from the band's label and a couple more over the internet and so far I'm pretty impressed. I'm gonna definately go buy the album. I wonder how the hell I've never heard of these guys before. Gotta love a recommendation that pans out!

:headbang:

I picked up their disc two days ago, I remember having seen them on headbangers ball -- 94 hours, I think.

I've listened to it twice, it's got some cool harmonized guitar parts that are catchy, for lack of words. And, while not cast from the thrash mold that I forever long for, the music still has something in it for me, although others that post here on TL might find it to be too Hardcore...

I really like the drumming on that third song, Forever. The drum style just works for me, but the production makes them sound like shit. Oilcans. In some later songs, the production sounds intentionally fucked up to give the songs a different feel; I say it doesn't work.

Also has a Swedish bend, both from the guitar work and the typical harsh Swede vocal style, I at first thought they were a European band, I think they hail from San Diego? I wish I saw them with SOILWORK last month in SF--

My tastes demand THRASH, and although this falls short, it's still good enough for me.

Soilwork was in SF last month? You're fucking kidding me dude. Last summer Soilwork only played 3 songs when they opened up for In Flames. What's his name was losing his voice cuz it was their 3rd show in 4 days so they cut the set short. Damn man. I really wanted to see Soilwork play a full set. Only time I've ever seen them play a full set is at the Cactus Club in SJ when Chuck went up on stage and sang the chorus for "Follow The Hollow".

As I Lay Dying is an emo influenced metalcore band, with swedish influences as far as the agression and melody go. Some great songs on that album, and anyone into metal who just wants to hear some catchy emotional songs everynow and then should listen to frail words collapse. I always thought of them as a more emo band. emocore if you will. But they are pretty metal nowadays. Yes, they are christian, as well as all the other bands like them.

Dec 8th, a Monday, I coudn't make it that night -- at least one person in the Dragonlord forum saw them and said Speed (vocals) was tight and the band slayed -- I saw them too last summer at that IF show, short set, and, they played before Chaimara who were taping for a DVD or something.

As I Lay Dying -- emocore...