As I Lay Dying singer arrested in murder-for-hire plot

This is some crazy shit. Interested to see if it turns out to be true, if he gets convicted, what the story is. Im not the biggest fan of these guys but they do put out consistently decent albums and always with slick production. If it does turn out to be true maybe they will get a really good singer and be awesome. I dont hate Tims vocals but his clean singing is vanilla and unimaginative at best.

Yeah this is crazy. I'm friends with the engineer who runs Lambesis studios. I'm not gonna bug him about it, but he's super close with Tim. Can't imagine what's going through his head.

We'll see how it unfolds, but if Tim is proven guilty, that's just a terrible thing to have done. Would not have expected something like that out of such a supposedly good guy.

Weird.

Tim is not doing the clean vocals ....

No shit, well whomever it is needs to be stopped lol, I picked up the newest disc a few months back and Im really enjoying the riffing, lyrics, and tunes generally but they seem to be leaning a bit more on the singing and its not for the better imo. I remember on the first record the singing was kinda Deftones-ish and I liked that, was that Tim I wonder?

No shit, well whomever it is needs to be stopped lol, I picked up the newest disc a few months back and Im really enjoying the riffing, lyrics, and tunes generally but they seem to be leaning a bit more on the singing and its not for the better imo. I remember on the first record the singing was kinda Deftones-ish and I liked that, was that Tim I wonder?

No Tim has never done any clean singing AFAIK. It's been various dudes, bass players mostly I think. Seems like its a different guy on each record.... I've never really enjoyed them too much.

Pretty shocking, but asking a undercover officer to murder your wife makes it pretty clear what his intentions were. I guess all those prison style workouts he's been doing will be put to good use.....

No Tim has never done any clean singing AFAIK. It's been various dudes, bass players mostly I think. Seems like its a different guy on each record.... I've never really enjoyed them too much.

He did the clean vocals on "This Is Who We Are" and "Nothing Left"

There's no way in hell I'm believing this without serious evidence. The guy has adopted like 10 kids to save them from poverty and seems like such a nice down to earth guy. Innocent until proven guilty beyond doubt.

I seriously can't believe this at all. I mean for real, how is this even possible? My brain is just fucked trying to figure this all out. It's just mind blowing to think that that's what Tim's cleans sound like, I mean seriously.

I love how this thread is more about who did the cleans on the last album than the actual reason this thread was created

I hope it's not true but if their claim of him telling an undercover detective his plan is true... that's pretty air-tight as far as the prosecution is concerned. It's not like Del Mar PD is notoriously corrupt; it's one of the richest, whitest places in the country.

This is pretty fucked up. But people do really messed shit when they're under pressure - don't know the details, but if they had separated and she was trying to rape him for all he was worth, that can drive some people to the point of desperation, and the family courts are fucking brutal when it comes to the rights of fathers and ex-husbands.

Again, don't know the details so I may be barking up the wrong tree.

but asking a undercover officer to murder your wife makes it pretty clear what his intentions were.

uhm, that's pretty strange actually...

i mean how would anyone know that he was supposedly planing to get his wife killed and then send an undercover guy towards him...seems more like a TRAP.