As I Lay Dying singer arrested in murder-for-hire plot

One of these articles I read said they already had reason to believe he wanted her dead, so more than likely the undercover cop was positioned to be accessible for Tim to reach out to, rather than the cop approaching him

Yeah, that's what they're saying happened, the cops heard last week that he was conspiring to do this, so they made this undercover cop accessible to him.

Shit, if there were any undercover cops around the last few times I spoke about what I'd like to do to my ex, I'd probably be in jail too.

i haven't bothered reading up on the details, but in cases like this they don't go on heresy - every instance i've heard of where an arrest was made included cash being exchanged before the arrest was made. this is the sort of instance where they're gonna want to have that "smoking gun" to take to trial, or else their efforts can be wasted pretty quickly by a competent attorney.

on the other hand, cops DO pull some pretty stupid shit at times...

That's fishy as fuck. $1k is nothing when you're talking about having someone murdered and it's not like it's a very large investment if you're trying to protect half of your assets (dude is worth 14mil).

In the video the prosecutor says the $1K was "for expenses" so I can only assume it's not the amount that was to be paid for actually doing the killing.

Yeah, just watched that video, had only read the Lambgoat article before. You don't bring up the existence of a voice recording with damning evidence in court unless you have it and you're sure it's legitimate. So fucking weird.

Yeah, just watched that video, had only read the Lambgoat article before. You don't bring up the existence of a voice recording with damning evidence in court unless you have it and you're sure it's legitimate. So fucking weird.

I would think they should have a voice recording, but they may not even need it. If the prosecution is good, as long as they had the envelope with all the instructions (which they should), then the voice recording will just be the icing on the cake.

I read the defense lawyer's response to the allegations, stating "he didn't mean to hurt anybody and he was set up by the guy at the gym." If that's all the defense lawyer has.......Tim is a done for. Even if he did, you don't state you want your wife dead and hand somebody instructions with money.

The only legitimate defense I can think of would be to say something like "He was paying him to have her house burglarized or vandalized in an effort to scare her into moving out of the area and cutting ties with Tim." But if they have audio evidence proving otherwise? No way they can go that route.

"Lambesis twice approached other members of his gym and asked if they knew anyone who could have Meggan killed."

This is very very dumb. It´s no suprise that he got caught.