As I Lay Dying singer arrested in murder-for-hire plot

In the interview he says that according to the law of california he will serve 50% of the time or something like that. So it will actually be 3 years. Did I understand this correctly or not?

In the interview he says that according to the law of california he will server 50% of the time or something like that. So it will actually be 3 years. Did I understand this correctly or not?

He'll be eligible to appeal for release on parole at that point, more or less for good behavior in prison. Whether or not that appeal will be granted is a totally different story.

It really is not as easy as you imply. Sorry to be abrasive, but I think you're a bit naive about how the system chews people up......

.......I don't know all the facts, but it seems likely he could have make a case for diminished responsibility. Nobody sane tries to off the mother of his kids.

Being a child of divorce in the U.S., I know exactly how shitty things can be. I don't see where I was implying it's smooth sailing for a guy like that to go through a divorce. But we all agree he handled it in the shittiest way possible. The only thing you can really do is accept the situation, get the best possible lawyer, and do what you can for your kids.

Pretty much the opposite of Tim's plan.

I read the kids and mom get 10 years of protection, not sure if that's federal or on state basis. Also, if he gets out in 3 years that would be kind of ridiculous. I feel like Tim trying to murder his wife is essentially evidence that the wife was right about Tim not being able to share custody.

Found some time to read his AP interview and to me, Tim comes off as a typical narcissistic manipulator who never takes full responsibility for his actions. Fuck this guy.

Being a child of divorce in the U.S., I know exactly how shitty things can be. I don't see where I was implying it's smooth sailing for a guy like that to go through a divorce. But we all agree he handled it in the shittiest way possible. The only thing you can really do is accept the situation, get the best possible lawyer, and do what you can for your kids.

Pretty much the opposite of Tim's plan.

Yeah definitely. How fucked is it he was willing to let his kids go through that. Not trying to cut him any slack at all you understand; just looking at it from a few different perspectives.

Yeah definitely. How fucked is it he was willing to let his kids go through that. Not trying to cut him any slack at all you understand; just looking at it from a few different perspectives.

Right? WTF was his plan with them? Oh don't worry guys. I know you miss your mommy. But, you know, she was kind of a bitch sometimes so, like, it's totally cool. We'll just have fun and go on tour! Who wants ice cream!

You can't murder your problems away. Sucks but it's the truth.

Not sure if there's some victim blaming going on here..

What he did isn't a spur of the moment thing, it was calculated..
Let's say he was drunk and talked to a hitman, there's time between talks, and he went on with it..

They made three kids, so things couldn't have been that bad..
Even if she's a horrible person now, he tried to have his kids mother killed..
It's not normal..
It's not fair to his kids..
He's not allowed to contact his kids for 10 years (?) and has to rot in prison..
And she has custody..